I have heard a lot of good things about Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Foundation SPF 40 but I never really had the urge to try it. Judging from its name “intensive skin serum”, I expected it to be heavy. Recently, I finally gave it a try. What do I think? Here’s my full review of Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Foundation SPF 40.
Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Foundation SPF 40 Product Information
With its Active Skin Energizing Complex—featuring Cordyceps and Artemia—this silky serum foundation recharges skin’s appearance while providing an instant luminous finish. Powered with Argireline® Peptide and UVA/UVB protection to defend skin against environmental stressors, the formula helps prevent collagen damage and fight the visible signs of aging.
Pros: Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Foundation SPF 40
- It has buildable coverage—light to medium.
- It can cover light to medium unevenness or blemishes. Dark under eye circles and blemishes might need concealer.
- It’s moisturizing.
- It doesn’t settle on dry areas.
- It has luminous finish, making skin look healthy without feeling heavy.
- It has SPF 40.
- No white cast in photos.
- It has skincare benefits to energize skin.
Cons: Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Foundation SPF 40
- Although the packaging is unique, it’s prone to be messy. I have to be very careful whenever I return the dropper inside the bottle.
- The bottle is quite heavy to bring when travelling.
- It has a lavender scent so this might be a downside to those who are sensitive to fragrance.
Tips on Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Foundation SPF 40
- Shake bottle before use.
- Remember, a little goes a long way. Start application on the center of the face and blend outwards.
- If you have combination or oily skin, use an oil control primer and don’t forget to use a setting powder on top.
- Take extra care when returning the dropper in the bottle to avoid any mess.
- Despite having high SPF, I still recommend using a separate sunscreen before foundation application.
Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Foundation SPF 40 Verdict
I recommend Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Foundation SPF 40 to those looking for a lightweight and moisturizing foundation with luminous finish. It’s perfect for those with normal to dry skin. It can still work on combination to oily skin as long as you use a good oil control primer and setting powder. And of course, being a skin-loving foundation is definitely a huge plus!
PSA: Bobbi Brown is coming to Lazada on September 23, 2019! Follow the Bobbi Brown Flagship Store in LazMall and add to cart because exclusive offers and freebies await on September 23!