Everyone who has wanted to know more about skincare must have encountered a couple of Korean beauty product reviews. Korean skincare rose to fame because of its affordable, safe, and effective products. People are suddenly into glass skin and dewy, no-makeup look and there are no signs of slowing.
Here are the things you have to put in mind when you shop for Korean beauty products:
1. Get to know Korean trends and brands first
Know the Korean makeup trends and brands you want by researching beauty blogs or vlogs. There are different kinds of skincare brands, as well as Korean cosmetics. To breakdown the products that will suit your style best, it is advisable to research them first before splurging.
Here are some pointers to remember when you shop:
- Skin: Koreans use foundations that are one or two times lighter than their actual tone or skin color. This technique is the Korean way of achieving a natural, dewy look.
- Eyebrows: Koreans prefer thick and straight eyebrows to give out a youthful look.
- Lips: Korean women love to wear vibrant, glossy red lipstick, and for Kbeauty cosmetics, there are dozens of red shade available. They also introduced the famous lip and cheek water tint used for lips, cheeks and sometimes on the eyelids.
- Eyeshadow: Applying a subtle, less pigmented eyeshadows is the signature look for Koreans. Son & Park is one of the Korean companies that dedicate their research team on creating the most natural-looking eye shadow for that everyday no-makeup look. You can buy Son & Park eyeshadows here.
Knowing the fundamental trends, investing in these types of products will surely give you that Korean beauty glow you’ve always wanted.
2. Learn how Kbeauty products are applied
You should know the proper order of using Korean products to fulfill your Korean beauty regimen. Before buying essence and serums, research about their benefits, results and when to apply them to your skin. You don’t want to negate the effect of one product simply because you didn’t follow the proper order.
Generally, the Korean skincare regimen starts from the thinnest to the thickest products. That means that they begin with the watery consistency and end with thick creams.
3. Before buying a product, research on reviews and customer feedback online
Research should be one of the most critical steps when you shop for Korean products. A lot of times, that cute Kbeauty packaging you like isn’t compatible with your skin. Reading reviews is like talking directly to someone who has experienced the product first hand; it will help you save money and time. If you have sensitive skin, then make sure to read the review of someone with sensitive skin.
4. Ask for product samples
Beauty stores mostly have product samples that are given away for free; you have to ask the sales representatives. Trying out the samples first will give you an experience with the product you want to buy. You can do product testing for allergy or if your skin is compatible with it. However, don’t expect that your skin will instantly become flawless with one application.
5. Check online stores like Yesstyle
The digital age has made shopping so much easier for busy people like you. There are a lot of online stores that carry a handful of Korean cosmetics and skincare like Yesstyle. Online shopping is the best way to buy Korean products if you have no access to your local beauty stores. Another highlight when shopping online is the reviews left by previous buyers.
6. Check for timely discounts and promos
If you are a frequent shopper, you know how sales and promos work. Buying KBeauty products for less is an absolute steal. You can leave your email address for a subscription so you will receive a notification if there’s an upcoming sale happening.
7. Ask someone for Korean goodies
You might have friends or family traveling to Korea. You can always ask them to bring some products you like from their trip. Korean beauty stores are everywhere in Seoul. Shopping at Korea’s skincare capital like Dongdaemun, Myeongdong and other areas, will always be the best way to shop for Kbeauty products.
Korean skincare is a daily commitment that needs a lot of time and effort. That’s why the Koreans are known to have the best skin. Due to their almost impossible beauty standard, the beauty companies need to innovate and come up with new ideas regularly. Good luck on your skincare journey!