It’s the award-giving season once again. Were you able to watch the Golden Globes? What are your favorite looks? Let’s snatch some makeup looks at the red carpet!
First on the list is Amy Adams, who won Best Actress in Musical or Comedy for her role as Sydney Prosser in American Hustle. Makeup Artist Stephen Sollitto created a “chic” 1970s-inspired makeup look for Amy.
- He used Laura Mercier Bronzing Pressed Powder in Matte Bronze for that 70’s vibe.
- Using fingers, he applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Praline to achieve that perfect glow.
- To match Amy’s bronze look, Stephen mixed Laura Mercier Crème Lip Colour in Tangerine and Discretion.
- Stephen created a modern neutral base by applying Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Ballet Pink all over the lids.
- Next, he brushed Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Terracotta into Amy’s lash line and lid and sweeping it out at the corners of her eyes and under her bottom lashes.
- To make Amy’s eyes pop, Stephen applied Caviar Eye Stick Colour in Plum to her upper lash line and the outer corner of her lower lash line.
Reese Witherspoon, a presenter at the Golden Globes, had a modern and warm look. Here’s how Makeup Artist Mai Quynh created her look.
- First, skin was prepped using Laura Mercier’s Foundation Primer.
- Next, Mai applied Secret Concealer under Reese’s eyes and Secret Camouflage around her nose.
- Mai then applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Praline onto the apples of Reese’s cheeks and layered Second Skin Cheek Colour in Peach Whisper on top.
- Lastly, she applied Pressed Setting Powder in Translucent using the Finishing Brush.
- For Reese’s lips, Mai first used Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour in Play and swept Lip Glacé in Bellini on top.
Last but not the least, let’s take a look at Cate Blanchette‘s simple yet elegant makeup. She won Best Actress in Drama for her role in Blue Jasmine.
Makeup Artist Jeanine Lobell used NARS Love Blush from the Final Cut Collection along with Eyebrow Perfector and Brow Gel on Cate.
Laura Mercier and NARS are available here in the Philippines at Beauty Source in Rustans Department Stores.