I’m quite sure most of the ladies out there who love to wear nail polish have a hard time “resting” their nails. Unfortunately, most polishes available in the market cause brittle and yellow nails when used every single day. Recently, I was introduced to the new Zoya Naked Manicure. I initially thought it’s just a collection of ordinary polish in nude shades. Well, apparently, it’s not. Read more about the Zoya Naked Manicure System after the jump.
Zoya, the world’s leading cruelty-free nail polish brand, developed a nail rejuvenating system that promises to bring back the health and natural beauty of the nails – the Naked Manicure System. It works in two ways:
- First, it provides instant cosmetic correction – which means nails will look flawless (perfected free edges, neutralized discoloration, refined surface and leveled nail plate) instantly, and of course, with a natural finish.
- Second, the system – especially its base – through continued use, promises to bring back the natural beauty and health of the nails through the many vitamins and minerals in it, such as vitamin E, B5, red algae, gingko and a protein complex.
These perfectors are available in six nude/pastel shades. Yes, this means you can wear nail color everyday without causing damage to your nails. Plus, it’s available in different seals or top coats depending on your preference – glossy, matte, and satin.
Just like all other Zoya products, the Naked Manicure System is also vegan and BIG5FREE – which means free from any trace of five of the most common toxins found in cosmetic products. And what are these 5?
- Dibutyl Phthalate – an ingredient highly linked to cancer and other health concerns, including problems in the endocrine system, increased risk of diabetes in women, nausea, reproductive issues and birth defects
- Formaldehyde – a known carcinogen
- Formaldehyde Resin – a known irritant
- Toluene – known to cause dizziness, dry skin, headaches, liver and kidney damage, nausea, numbness, and has been linked to birth defects
- Camphor – a poisonous substance that also carries the same harmful effects as Toluene
After learning about these, I’m so glad that there is a polish that’s free from all these toxins – or else I might stop using nail polish! Haha! It’s good to know that none of the products in the system causes harm to both the body and the environment. Plus, it is safe for use even by pregnant and lactating women.
The Naked Manicure’s base and seals sell for Php 600 per bottle, while each of the six perfectors retails for Php 500. Salons offering the system as a service include Beauty & Butter, Nailaholics, Nails.GLOW, and Razor Sports Barbershop. Their prices for the service vary but range from Php 250 – Php 500 for manicure and Php 350 – Php 600 for pedicure.