When I got an invite for the #SmartUnbox event, I was not really sure what to expect. What are they/we going to unbox?! But upon registration, Nikki and I were immediately given a surprise – a smartphone!
And we literally had to unbox it! So I thought… “that it why the event is called #SmartUnbox.” The phone was preloaded with credits so we can use and download the needed app for the event. Little did we know that this was just the beginning.
Following its rebrand last month, Smart, the country’s leader in mobile, has unboxed its latest slew of innovations that aims to change the way Filipinos connect, enrich their passions, and ultimately optimize their digital life.
“Smart has built a legacy of bringing mobile innovations into the life of all Filipinos, and with the digital wave upon us, we have come up with innovative products and services to bring the real-life benefits of connectivity to as many Filipinos as possible,” said PLDT and Smart Chairman and CEO Manny V. Pangilinan.
I thought I was in an Apple launch as they introduced all the exciting news – and I mean from all their pasabogs to the mind-blowing set-up! Anyway, I’ll round up all these amazing launches below.
- Smartphone Prepaid Kit for only PHP 1,288! This makes it easier for Filipinos to connect to mobile Internet and get accustomed to using online apps and services.
- Smart Bro Pocket WiFi available at only PHP 888.
“Our multi-pronged efforts range from bringing the smartphone to the hands of more digital newbies, to providing the most awesome content for young digital natives, to making sure that everyone will enjoy the best data experience. Our goal is to make sure no one gets left behind by this digital shift,” said Smart Wireless Consumer Operations Head Katrina Luna-Abelarde.
- Super Speed LTE SIM, because speed matters.
- Giga Surf 50, the biggest data offer with 1GB data for surfing and apps, plus free 300MB for video streaming on YouTube and iflix, valid for three days at only P50. As an innovative feature, this 1GB data can be shared with other prepaid subscribers through the Smart’s Pasadata service. I posted details of this in this post – https://lushangel.com/2016/07/11/fitness-back-workout-video/
- Smart has teamed up with Twitter to further enhance its customer experience via @SMARTCares with live feedback and a faster response system. Smart is the first brand in the Philippines to use Twitter as its main Customer Service touchpoint for customer care needs and account inquiries in real-time.
- Marty the Smarty, everyone’s go-to guy for all kinds of questions and concerns about mobile data and the Internet, accessible via his website www.martythesmarty.com and official account on Twitter @martysmarty.
- My Smart, a mobile app so prepaid and postpaid subscribers can manage their accounts 24/7 – anytime and anywhere. Downloadable on Google Play Store and iTunes, this simple and convenient app also allows subscribers to register and check the status of promos, load up their account and even redeem perks.
- “Own It” campaign, a platform that encourages everyone, especially the youth, to share their passions to the world, giving them a voice larger than themselves. Have you seen their latest video yet? YOU HAVE TO!!! I promise it’s very moving and inspiring!
- Smart Launchpad, a program to help budding content creators upload their own work and broadcast it to the world via Upload Stations all over the country. Smart will be tapping industry experts for workshops that will lead to a selection of the most deserving content creators to fly to LA for a once-in-a-lifetime experience of collaborating with the biggest YouTube Stars.
- Smart Music Live! Recently, a free-for-subscribers concert was held at the Smart Araneta Coliseum, which featured Ely Buendia, Up Dharma Down and Nathan Sykes. THAT’S NOT ALL! Expect more to come: Artists like Selena Gomez’s on July 31; In the Mix featuring Third Eye Blind, Panic! At the Disco, James Bay, Elle King and Twin Pines on August18; and Shawn Mendes’ in October.
- Last but not the least, the Smart Life app, a breakthrough app featuring daily exclusive digital perks, videos, music, and games for mobile users. Currently on its initial phase, the app will roll out exciting new functionalities as well as host top-rated content from D5 Studio, feature sports coverage such as FIBA and the upcoming Olympics, and other compelling digital content created for and by users for even more delightful experiences.
“At the center of all these new products and services is our effort to transform our networks into the country’s most extensive and data capable infrastructure, so we are able to deliver faster, more reliable and more affordable Internet services across the country,” Pangilinan added.
I once wrote a nostalgic post about Growing Up In A Digital World (https://lushangel.com/2016/05/01/growing-up-in-a-digital-world/). At the end of my article, my last line was, “Honestly, I couldn’t imagine what innovations the PLDT Group has yet to offer in the future, but I could sense they’re even bigger and better – something that could revolutionize the world, and perhaps, the society.” Well, well, well… all these happened in just one launch. Whew! Congratulations, Smart!