As promised in my previous post, I’m going to share my secret on how I tame down the color of my eyebrows. I remember posting about the M.A.C. Brow Set, which I also use to color my brows. The problem with it, like other makeups, is that it can easily be washed out with water. I still have to apply it everyday. A few months ago, I discovered a cheaper way to tame down the color of my brows. Eyebrow bleaching or dyeing in salons cost about PHP 400. I used to do this once or twice a month before I discovered the M.A.C. Brow Set. Now don’t you think a PHP 300 eyebrow bleaching pack that’s good for about a year is better?! Yup, you read that right! Here’s my not-so-secret beauty product… 😀
It’s a gentle creme bleach from Andrea, available at Beauty Bar! It’s gentle enough to use for facial hair, but I personally use it for eyebrows only. A box includes 2 tubes (Creme Bleach and Creme Activator), a mixing cup and a spatula.
It’s very easy and safe enough to use Andrea’s bleaching cream at home. Just follow these easy steps:
- Wash face gently with soap and cool water. Dry thoroughly.
- Squeeze 2 1/2 inch strip of Creme Bleach into mixing cup. Measure by squeezing the creme in a full circle once around the inside of the bottom rim of the mixing cup. Cap tube tightly immediately.
- Squeeze Creme Activator into the same mixing cup making a semicircle on top of the Bleaching Creme in the cup. This gives the required proportion of 2 parts Bleach to 1 part Activator.
- With spatula, blend the two cremes thoroughly with rapid strokes.
- Using the spatula, apply mixture to area to be lightened making sure all hair is completely covered. Do not rub in.
- Bleaching time varies with each individual. Wait 10 minutes. Wash off small area with cool water to see if desired result is achieved. If hair is not lightened as much as desired, apply additional mixture to area tested. Wait 5 more minutes.
- Wash off thoroughly with cool water. Pat dry.
- Throw away unused mixture.
- Clean mixing cup and spatula in water. Cap tubes tightly. Store in cool dry place.
Just a reminder. DIY’s, especially if it has something to do with the skin, must be done with caution. Carefully read all instructions that come with the product. 🙂