Who would not know the new Dove Haircare here in the Philippines? Their launch took all advertising and media forms by storm- whether it be television, radio, print, and even sample testing in malls, offices and streets. Dove Haircare is practically everywhere right now! I’d say, it’s definitely a successful campaign! Congratulation to Dove Philippines! 😀
Anyway, I’ve been a user of Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair of both Shampoo and Conditioner for quite some time now. I buy them abroad whenever possible. Yes, I like it that much! 😀 So when they launched here in the Philippines, I couldn’t wait to put them to the test right away. My first concern: How are they different from the Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair I get in U.S., China, and Hong Kong? Now, after weeks of use, here’s my review of Dove Damage Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner Intense Repair.
Formulated with Micro-moisture Serum and Fiber Actives, Dove Intense Repair gives your hair superior moisturization and internal repair. Reduces split ends up to 9 times in just 3 washes.
Dove Damage Therapy Shampoo Intense Repair
Cleanses and boosts nourishment to make hair resilient to damage. Use daily.
Dove Damage Therapy Conditioner Intense Repair
Gives hair the extra smoothness and softness it needs. Use daily.
I love them because…
- they both have a refreshing scent. Compared to the bottles I get from U.S., China and Hong Kong, I think the scent would be the main difference of Dove Haircare here in the Philippines. In other countries, Dove Shampoo and Conditioner smell like creamy lotion. Once the hair dries though, it smells nothing. As for the bottles in the Philippines, they have a bit of stronger scent and leaves hair smelling fresh. Some people find this a downside though. They still prefer the unscented shampoo and conditioner of Dove that can be bought abroad. As for me, it’s not an issue for as long as my hair doesn’t smell bad. 😉
- they don’t cause me dandruff or any allergies.
- they have Micro-moisture Serum and Fiber Actives for moisturization and internal repair.
- they don’t cause me any breakouts- face or back.
- they don’t cause me falling hair. I usually get more falling hair when I put on conditioner. Would you believe I only catch very few hair strands on my palm, or sometimes none at all?!?! Seriously!
- they make my hair really soft, smooth and silky the entire day. I immediately felt the difference on my first use. I know I mentioned in one of my previous posts that I can never use shampoo alone. I never dare not to put on conditioner. I spoke too soon. Just last week, I had to wash my hair with shampoo only because I had to do some hairstyling. To curl my hair easily, I didn’t put any conditioner. To my surprise, my hair was still very soft! What’s the difference when I apply some conditioner? My hair seemed like I just had a hair treatment. 😀
- they don’t tangle my hair even when my hair is wet. I can say this as well even when I used the shampoo alone. I normally have a hard time drying my hair, especially when I only use shampoo. With Dove Damage Therapy Shampoo Intense Repair, I didn’t experience any tangles. It’s as if I put on some conditioner already.
- it’s affordable.
Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Shampoo: 10ml (PHP 4.50); 90ml (PHP 58.00); 180ml (PHP 110.00); 350ml (PHP 197.00)
Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Conditioner: 10ml (PHP 5.50); 90ml (PHP 60.50); 180ml (PHP 108.90)
- it’s available almost everywhere- department stores and supermarkets.
- the scent on my hair lasts longer. The refreshing scent of my hair doesn’t last until my next wash. This doesn’t really bother me though. As I said, as long as it doesn’t smell bad, I’m all good. My hair is left unscented by the end of the day, therefore it’s not really an issue with me.
- they also offer unscented shampoo and conditioner. I guess Dove products are known to be mild, so some people would appreciate having haircare without any harsh scent. In my opinion though, the scent of both the shampoo and the conditioner is not too strong. It’s just that some people prefer them unscented, similar to those being sold abroad.
- it can completely tame down my frizz. I have really bad ends right now, so I guess any shampoo and/ or conditioner can’t tame my frizz. LOL!
- Pour a small amount of shampoo on your palm and dilute it with water.
- Do not apply conditioner on the roots if you want your hair to have volume. Apply conditioner mid-shaft, and then concentrate more on the tips.
I’d recommend Dove Damage Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner Intense Repair for those who have dry, frizzy and chemically-treated hair. Three weeks ago, I had my hair rebonded. The week after, I had it colored. Last week, I had it bleached and colored again to bright red. Add to that, I did a lot of styling- used blow dryer and curling iron. Just imagine my hair’s condition right now! Luckily, Dove Damage Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner Intense Repair can keep my hair still soft and smooth. Trust me, I wouldn’t be buying abroad if it doesn’t work wonders to my hair. Thankfully, it’s now available here in the Philippines! And as for my initial concern if they are the same from the bottles I buy abroad? In terms of performance, they’re the same. As I said, they keep my hair soft, smooth and silky. The only difference that I noticed is the scent, which I’m honestly not really bothered. 😀 Dove Damage Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner Intense Repair can definitely perform without costing much! 😀