It’s my most awaited time of the year again when it comes to shopping. Aside from buying Christmas gifts, it’s Black Friday sale this coming week!!! 😀 Black Friday is the ultimate sale which happens the day after Thanksgiving Day in the United States. Funny this may sound but it has always been my dream to be in the U.S. during this season. I want to experience the Black Friday craze and shop as early as 12 midnight just to grab great finds. Unfortunately (or maybe “fortunately” for my bank account), my family usually prefers to travel during Spring. I’m always left asking friends or relatives to shop for me. Thankfully, for the past years, online shops in the U.S. have been participating in this grandest sale. I was able to buy laptops, cameras, shoes, bag, etc. at extremely low prices! As much as I want to grab the opportunity to buy the things I want at huge discounts, I always have these problems with U.S. online shops: What credit card to use, Where to deliver, and How to get the items. A lot of U.S. online shops only accept credit cards issued there. Most of them deliver within the U.S. only too. I have to ask my relatives/friends living in the U.S. if I can use their credit cards and if I can have my stuff delivered to their houses. Not only that! The biggest favor of all- if they can bring or ship the items to the Philippines for me! Such a huge hassle! Thankfully, I receive such good news this week- great timing for the upcoming Black Friday sale! LOL! 😀
GCASH and American Express recently launched this new online payment solution for Globe GCASH mobile wallet customers. Most of you have probably seen a lot of retailers accepting GCASH. For those who are not familiar, GCASH lets you store money in your Globe number, making your mobile phone a virtual wallet. You can then use your phone to shop, pay bills and even send money. Now, your GCASH mobile wallet can be linked to a GCASH American Express Virtual Card.
So, what’s GCASH American Express Virtual Card?
- It’s a prepaid virtual card linked to your GCASH wallet. It is a secure and convenient way of paying for your online purchases anytime as long as you have sufficient funds in your GCASH wallet. (There’s no physical card for this service. Instead, a passcode-protected Digital Handbook containing GCASH American Express Virtual Card details, which will be used for the credit card details in online shops, will be emailed.)
- It enables you to shop conveniently online from both local and international sites. (Yes, you read that right! International sites- including those that only allow delivery around their area.)
- It gives you a personalized US Address to allow delivery of your purchases right to your doorstep. (No need to ask relatives/friends for US address and have it delivered here in the Philippines!)
Benefits of GCASH American Express Virtual Card:
- One month free trial
- Online shopping linked to your GCASH wallet- therefore you have to load money in it before you can shop. Your shopping is somehow controlled unlike credit card.
- Purchase items in both local and international shopping sites
- Very affordable subscription options: PHP 25/ month, PHP 140/ 6 months, or PHP 250/ year
- Low shipping rates delivered right to your doorstep c/o My Shopping Box
- Secure online purchase
To make things even clearer and to know how it works, you can also watch the video below.
Now the question is, which online shopping sites accept GCASH American Express Virtual Card?
Most websites that accept American Express as a mode of payment, such as Amazon, Sephora, iTunes, Best Buy, StrawberryNET, Target, etc. I told you, this is great timing for the upcoming Black Friday sale!!! 😀
And so to personally try it out, I shopped at Amazon.com and Sephora.com using GCASH American Express Virtual Card! To be honest, I was quite intimidated when I watched the video for the first time. I thought there were too many steps. But hey, I was surprised that the entire process is actually very fast and easy! A lot of the steps too are one-time thing so it’s even easier once you received your Digital Handbook. 😀
When I first opened Amazon, I got magnetized to this right away…
Michael Kors Midsized Gold Watch (MK5055)
It’s super on sale, so why not?!
Next, I checked out Sephora.com.
A must-have for me: the original Urban Decay Naked Palette.
I’ve been wanting to try a fragrance from Givenchy so I thought of getting Givenchy Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir.
Experience absolute sensuality with Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir. Like a precious gem, the fragrance has many facets. It opens with a glittering freshness evoked by luminous top notes. Sensual heart notes, including orange blossom, sambac jasmine, and frangipani, induce a sense of intense femininity and give way to a warm velvet-dressed base.
Italian Lemon, Green Tea, Neroli, Orange Blossom, Sambac Jasmine, Frangipani, Atlas Cedar Wood, Patchouli, Musk, Vanilla.
Sensual. Glittering. Feminine.
And my surprise to all of you and as an early Christmas present, I’m giving away the URBAN DECAY NAKED PALETTE and GIVENCHY ANGE OU DEMON LE SECRET ELIXIR c/o GCASH American Express Virtual Card! The Globe team will be picking 2 winners! Here’s how to join:
1. Must be a GLOBE prepaid or postpaid subscriber
2. LIKE Lush Angel on Facebook (https://facebook.com/lushangelblog)
3. FOLLOW lush_angel on Twitter (http://twitter.com/lush_angel)
4. Publicly share this giveaway on your Facebook profiles: “International online shopping is now possible! Visit www.globe.com.ph/gcash-amex for more details! PLUS, join the GIVEAWAY from GCASH American Express Virtual Card and @Lush Angel here (Link this post)“
*Be sure to tag me properly so I can see. Also, don’t forget to include the link of this post.
5. Tweet: “I can’t wait to shop online with my GCASH American Express Virtual Card! http://bit.ly/104FZYd #GCASHAMEX”
*Make sure your profile is on public so we can see your tweet.
6. Comment below by answering this question: “What item do you want to buy online this coming Black Friday Sale? Why?” Don’t forget to leave your Full Name, Link to Facebook Post, and Link to Tweet.
*For those who experience problems posting a comment, please e-mail me at [email protected]. I’ll be the one to post your answers and details in the comment section.
This giveaway will run from November 18, 2012 to December 8, 2012 (EXTENDED!!!). One entry per person please. This is open to all Philippine residents. International readers can join if you have a representative who can claim the prize here in the Philippines. The two winners will be chosen by the Globe team and will be announced here in my blog.
Good luck everyone and Merry Christmas! 😀