When I was handed with this new Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation, I got very intrigued. Who wouldn’t?! Imagine, a long-wear liquid foundation in a compact! Oh, that’s just a heaven-sent product to liquid foundation lovers! Plus, it’s Bobbi Brown- the maker of great foundations! But then, I have fear of compact foundations as most of them are cakey and hard to blend. My skin is not used to them too as oil up like crazy! I also don’t like the heavy feeling.Well, let’s see how Bobbi Brown’s version fairs on my skin. Read on…
Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation Product Information
Your can’t-live-without liquid foundation, now in a fuss-free compact. Perfectly matched to skin tone and texture, it never looks fake or makeup-y, just like smooth, even skin. With 12 hours of flawless, oil-free wear, all you see is your skin – at its best. Plus, it’s completely portable, too – with a hidden sponge applicator right in the compact – so you look polished wherever you go.
“Finally, a long-lasting foundation that looks like skin.” – Bobbi Brown
I love Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation because…
- it’s perfect for travel!!! I find it a hassle to bring liquid foundation. I tend to apply my liquid foundation at home and do the rest of my makeup in the car. For out of town and out of the country trips, I try to avoid bringing liquid foundation as well. But a liquid foundation in a compact?! Hmmm… Looks like I’ll have a new best friend in my next trip! 🙂
- the sponge included has a separate compartment. I prefer using a stippling brush though to get that natural, healthy finish. I just use the sponge when I’m on the go.
- my skin looks flawless- pores disappear and light to medium blemishes covered, yet the foundation is undetectable. It looks like skin.
- it has anti-oxidants and Vitamins C & E to protect skin against future damage.
- it has that healthy-looking finish.
- it’s creamy- yet oil-free.
- it doesn’t get cakey.
- it has medium to heavy coverage. It’s easily buildable.
- it works for normal to oily skin. I still get oily, of course, but it’s more controlled compared to other compact liquid/ cream foundations.
- it doesn’t feel heavy or greasy on skin.
- it really is long wearing. It can stay for 12 hours (or more) on me, with few touch-ups in between just to absorb oil.
- it’s easy to blend- no need for too much effort.
- a little goes a long way. I don’t need much for my entire face as I just keep on blending out the product.
- I don’t need to apply concealer! Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation alone can brighten up my under eye area, conceal my blemishes and even out my skin tone.
- with its quality, it’s worth its price. Although it may appear too expensive at PHP 2,400 (about USD 57), I think you get what you pay for, especially it’s an on-the-go product.
I wish Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation…
- doesn’t magnify dry skin. It can have the tendency to settle on dry, flaky skin. See tips below on how to avoid this.
- has SPF.
- has better sponge applicator.
Tips on Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation
- Make sure to moisturize well, especially those with dry skin. Concentrate on areas with dry, flaky skin.
- Those with flaky skin may also exfoliate or use products that can remove dead skin, such as Cure Natural Aqua Gel.
- If flaking is still visible, just don’t apply too much foundation on that area as it can make the flaking more noticeable.
- Don’t forget to apply sunblock prior to foundation application.
- As mentioned above, I prefer using a stippling brush when applying this. I only use the sponge for on-the-go application.
- If you need to use the sponge, remember not to get too much product. You can always add when needed. After blending out the product, pat the sponge to remove streaks (if any).
- Concentrate on areas where you need more coverage, then just blend out. I start stippling on my cheek area, then blend out the product towards the ear. I just use what’s left on the brush for my nose, forehead and chin area. Remember, less is more. Just concentrate on your problem areas.
Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation Verdict
The first time I tried Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation, I wasn’t so impressed. I had dry skin around my nose area that time and it made the flakes look more obvious. Sorry, I skipped my moisturizer that time. 😛 After a few more days of using it, I learned to love it with all my heart. Applying this foundation using a stippling brush helped me get that natural, healthy finish. I am impressed with its lightness and oil control ability- something I haven’t really experienced from other compact foundations that I’ve tried to date. Plus, it’s a long-wear makeup in a compact- how can it get any better than that?! To address my dry skin on the sides of my nose, I use a product to help remove the flakes and I concentrate my moisturizer on that area. Overall, I’m very happy with Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation! In fact, I can’t wait to bring it on my next trip! Oooh, the joy of on-the-go products…!!! 😀
I recommend Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation to liquid foundation users with normal to oily skin. It’s also for first time users of liquid foundation. If you’re still afraid to try liquid, then maybe this liquid foundation in a compact can be a good start. Once you learn the perfect way to apply this foundation on your skin, you’ll love it! Blending would be such a breeze once you get the hang of it. And of course, I recommend it for travelers! It’s now a must-have on-the-go product for me. 😀
Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation Swatch
my bare skin- notice some blemishes on my cheek and redness around my nose area
with Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation- no concealer or setting powder
Notice the even skin tone using Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation alone
Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation is now available at Bobbi Brown counters in Rustan’s Makati (812-2507), Rustan’s Shangri-La (633-4636) and Essenses Rockwell (822-9400) and SM Mall of Asia this May 2013