I mentioned in my Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio Review how satisfied I am with that palette. I was able to get another beautiful palette from Shiseido, which I was able to try recently. Did it earned my love like the Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio? Here’s my review of Shiseido Maquillage True Eye Shadow in BR264.
Shiseido Maquillage True Eye Shadow Product Information
True Eye Shadow – illuminates your eyes with true beauty. Open your beautiful eyes and see a brand new world!
I love Shiseido Maquillage True Eye Shadow because…
- it has a really pretty packaging.
- it comes in 5 colors with great color combination.
- it has an instruction on how to use the colors on the palette.
- the eye shadows have smooth texture.
- it comes with 2 double ended applicators. Although I prefer to use my regular-sized brushes, it’s good enough for quick or on-the-go application.
- BR264 has earthy beige colors, perfect neutral shades for both day and night.
- all shades in BR264 palette are not the glittery kind.
- shade 5 on the bottom left acts as a highlighter. It can be used under the eye over your concealer to brighten up the eye area and on the brow bone.
- the eye shadows can be blended easily.
- I find it worth the price. It costs PHP 1,998 (about USD 46) for 5 colors. All I need for my eye makeup is in this palette- eye shadows, eye liner and highlighter.
I wish Shiseido Maquillage True Eye Shadow…
- has english instructions and product information.
- doesn’t crease.
- has matte eye shadows.
- the eye shadows are more pigmented. They mostly have sheer finish, but if you want a more intense color just use a good eye shadow base and layer the color.
- some shadows do not have fallouts.
Tips on Shiseido Maquillage True Eye Shadow
- Use an eye shadow primer to avoid creasing and to make the shadow long lasting.
- Use the bone shade (bottom left) as a highlighter on the brow bone and under the eye area.
- You can use the eye shadow colors inividually if you just want a wash of color on your lids.
- For a more intense color, just layer the eye shadow.
- If you want a smoky eye makeup, use the darkest color (supposedly used as an eye liner based on their instructions).
- Apply loose powder under the eye to catch fallouts.
Shiseido Maquillage True Eye Shadow Verdict
Earthy shades are my go-to colors. I love neutrals and I really appreciate that I’ve got everything I need in 1 palette- eye shadows, highlighter and eye liner. I can also use it for light or smoky eye makeup. Although their finish is sheer to semi-sheer, I can easily use a good base and layer the shadow for the color to come out.
I recommend Shiseido Maquillage True Eye Shadow in BR264 to those who love earthy tones of eye shadows and to those who are looking for a go-to all-in-one eye palette.