I, together with beauty blogger friends Shen and Phoebe, spent our Saturday afternoon at Clinique SM Aura. It was a special event showcasing their new products and makeup looks of 2014.
Chris Isaac, Clinique Philippines’ Sales and Training Executive, conducted a makeup workshop. Yes, we, beauty bloggers, love makeup workshops! Although we know how to apply makeup, there’s always something new to learn. 😀 Let me share some of Chris’ makeup tips. You can also try this out for your Valentine’s look! 😀
- He started by applying eye primer. It’s one thing I can’t live without when I apply eye shadow. I have very oily lids. You can see my shadow creasing in a matter of minutes if I don’t use a primer.
- If you have an eye shadow trio, choose the second lightest or the medium color and apply all over the lid. Chris’ tip when applying eye shadow all over the lid is to pat the eye shadow brush for more intense pigment.
- The darkest color should be applied on the outer-v and blended in until the middle part of the crease. He used the tip of the same eye shadow brush to grab and apply the product. Now, this could be your day or office makeup. Easy right? 😉
- For night makeup, simply add black eye shadow on the outer-v.
This could be your eye makeup on Valentine’s day. Who said purple eye shadows are scary? It could look like a bruise at first but once you finish the look, it could look glam! 😀
- Chris then continued with liquid foundation application. Again, pat the foundation brush on parts that need more coverage.
- He then applied concealer under the eyes. He suggested to use the middle finger instead of the ring finger because from his experience, he’s able to control the application more.
- He set the makeup with a translucent powder afterwards.
- For those who want to contour, you can use a bronzer or darker shade of foundation on the hollows of the cheeks.
- To make the contour more obvious, highlight is the key. If you don’t have a shimmery powder, you can use white eye shadow to highlight. Remember to apply it on areas where light touches the face- center of the forehead, nose bridge and upper part of the cheek bones.
- When applying blush, start on the upper part of the cheek and blend it upwards. This is most applicable for those with round face. Chris said that applying blush on the apples of the cheeks can make the face appear bigger.
While doing the makeup demo, we were also asked to do his tips and tricks on our own. Instead of using Clinique’s Even Better Foundation, I finally had the chance to try Clinique’s CC cream!
Here’s my finished look. I used neutral shades of eye shadows here. Ahhh… Clinique CC Cream is love at first glide! Haha! It’s perfect for those with oily skin, like me! 😀
Here are a few snap shots around Clinique’s boutique at SM Aura.
Their best sellers displayed on one side of the wall. I can see most of these products at home! Hehe! My mom is definitely a loyal Clinique client.
Clinique’s pigmented eye shadows
Clinique has really hydrating lipsticks!
Of course, here’s another favorite- Chubby Sticks!
Clinique’s skincare will forever be loved!
And last Saturday, Clinique also launched their Happy Corner! 😀
I hope you were able to learn more makeup tips and tricks! Until the next workshop! 😀
Again, thank you Clinique Philippines for a fun-filled Saturday! 😀