Aside from me, somebody is also celebrating his birthday… Happy 30th Birthday Burt’s Bees!!! 😀
Just last week, I, together with my fellow beauty bloggers, were invited to Burt’s Bees celebration at Seda Hotel, Fort Bonifacio. For over 30 years now, Burt’s Bees has been the pioneer for natural skincare and boasts of a simple yet powerful heritage: all-natural ingredients straight from the source: nature. The brand is built on three pillars, which made their products famous all over the world. What are these?
- The bees. They are their helpers from the hive. They don’t stray away from the way things were done since 1984 to make sure that what goes into the products and into our hands is authentic and true to the brand’s promise. Everything is still sustainable and cruelty-free as they don’t test on animals and operate on their vision of The Greater Good—good for us, good for the brand, and good for the environment.
- The beekeeper. The beekeper, Burt Shavits, still lives today. He is the one in the iconic sketch on tins. He’s 79 years old and still keeps his hippie lifestyle. Recently, New York Times hailed Shavits as “the world’s most famous retired beekeeper”. From worn-out turkey coop turned home to a world-renowned business empire, this is truly a story of organic success. When you have a great product, it just grows…naturally. And you wouldn’t need anything more other than itself to have it be loved by millions all over.
- Ingredients we can spell. During the event, they featured their Classics, the products that have spearheaded the birth of Burt’s Bees as we know it today. Each product has their hero ingredients—tomato for Garden Tomato Toner, peach for Peach and Willowbark Scrub, rose for Rosewater Toner, chamomile for Soap Bark and Chamomile Facial Cleanser and orange for Orange Essence Facial Cleanser.
In the recent years, the brand has expanded to include six skincare lines to cater to both men and women’s needs.
- For a radiant glow, they have the Radiance Line which is infused with royal jelly, a special ingredient packed with essential nutrients and vitamins for the skin.
- For a more even complexion, the Daisy White range that features daisy white extract from the Macedonian region naturally has whitening properties that is perfect for those who seek a fairer tone.
- For those looking into an effective acne-fighting system, the Acne Solutions range naturally zaps those unwanted impurities with a powerful dose of willow bark extract, which has salicylic acid to combat acne-related problems.
- Complexions with a need for deep replenishing, they have the Intense Hydration Line. It is formulated with clary sage, a plant which is known for its water-retention properties as it is a plant that thrives even in the harsh desert climate.
- The Sensitive range has cotton extract to address those with a delicate complexion.
- The Naturally Ageless Line is made with pomegranate extract which promises an even more youthful appearance.
After the quick presentation, we had a delightful meal.
Then, we proceeded to our next activity. I didn’t had any idea that we’ll have a watercolor tutorial!!! Yay! I’ve been wanting to try watercolor. 😀 😀 😀
And to my surprise, it’s actually Liz who will teach us! I’ve been admiring her works on Instagram. I’m not used to Liz being in front not talking about makeup. Haha! But I’m so glad she was patient enough to give all of us a crash course. Thanks Liz! 😀
some basic strokes Liz taught us
Yay, thank you Burt’s Bees for an insightful and fun afternoon! Aside from the quick “art class”, it was nice to know fun facts about Burt’s Bees. I really feel like a Queen Bee whenever I use all-natural Burt’s Bees products. Hehe!
Here’s to 30 years of natural, honest-to-goodness skincare and to 30 years more (and beyond) of Burt’s Bees! 😀
Burt’s Bees products are available at all Beauty Bar branches nationwide. You may visit their Facebook page for more details: http://facebook.com/BurtsBeesPH.