If you’ve been following me on Instagram (@lush_angel), I’ve mentioned about this latest beauty trend – the Pond’s Pearl Cleansing Gel. To give you a rundown, the top beauty trends this season are the bare minimum or no makeup look, which is all about having great skin; the multi-taskers, or products that save you time and effort; and gels, which is present in many beauty products now. The Pond’s Pearl Cleansing Gel makes it this season’s beauty must as it covers all these trends. I’ve tried it and I must say, this is my favorite Pond’s facial wash to date. Know why by reading my Pond’s Pearl Cleansing Gel Review below.
Pond’s Pearl Cleansing Gel Product Information
This season, Pond’s introduces a breakthrough to add to your beauty regimen, the Pond’s Pearl Cleansing Gel. It is the first whitening facial wash in gel formulation that cleanses your skin, making it whiter and fresher, without drying it.
The New Pond’s Pearl Cleansing Gel contains Pearl Essence known to whiten skin and an oxygenated formulation which refreshes and cleanses effectively without drying skin. Because of its mild formulation that locks in moisture, the Pond’s Pearl Cleansing Gel is suitable for sensitive skin.
I love Pond’s Pearl Cleansing Gel because…
- it comes in a transparent tube. I can easily see if I’m running out of product.
- it doesn’t leave the skin dry. Right after washing, skin feels soft and smooth.
- it didn’t cause me breakouts, irritations or allergic reactions.
- it has nice floral scent.
- it doesn’t make my oily skin greasier.
- it’s good for all skin types- even those with sensitive skin.
- the lightweight gel formula is hydrating and doesn’t clog pores.
- it’s affordable. Pond’s Pearl Cleansing Gel 50g is priced at PHP 85, while 100g is at PHP 155.
I wish Pond’s Pearl Cleansing Gel…
- has milder scent. Although it really smells good, it can be too strong for others who are sensitive to fragrance.
Tips on Pond’s Pearl Cleansing Gel
- Before cleansing face with Pond’s Pearl Cleansing Gel, use a makeup remover first if you have makeup on.
- Use Pond’s Pearl Cleansing Gel morning and night.
- Apply a pea-sized amount of Pond’s Pearl Cleansing Gel onto your fingertips, foam it until the gel turns into mild suds then massage on your face. Wash off with water afterwards.
- For those with dry skin, do not forget to moisturize.
- If pregnant, ask your doctor first if you can use it. It has whitening ingredients so it’s better to be sure. 😉
- Pond’s suggests this skin care regimen: CLEANSE with Pond’s Pearl Cleansing Gel, MOISTURIZE with Pond’s Dewy Rose Gel, and FINISH with Pond’s Flawless White BB + Cream for makeup + skin care in one.
Pond’s Pearl Cleansing Gel Verdict
This is definitely my favorite Pond’s facial wash to date. I tried it for several days and I didn’t breakout. Although it doesn’t bubble up like other Pond’s variants, it doesn’t mean it’s not effective in cleaning. I can’t vouch that it can permanently whiten the skin, but I love how it leaves the skin brighter, smoother and supple. Also, it’s said to be milder versus other cleansers because of its oxygenated formulation which removes dirt while not stripping off the skin’s moisture. To prove this, our friends from Pond’s showed us the zein demo during the launch of Pond’s Pearl Cleansing Gel.
Two small sheets of corn components on acetate, which represent our skin, were dipped into two separate dishes with soap – the orange is brand x whitening soap and the clear is Pond’s Pearl Cleansing Gel.
The result: The acetate on the left dipped in brand x was destroyed, while the one on the right dipped in Pond’s Pearl Cleansing Gel was still intact. It clearly shows how harsh other whitening soaps can be.
I recommend Pond’s Pearl Cleansing Gel to those who have sensitive skin or those who are looking for a non-drying whitening soap.
Good news! Pond’s partnered with Sample Room to give out samples to their members. Also, shipping is FREE for this run, from February 27 – March 6. Head over to sampleroom.ph and be one of the firsts to try the latest innovation from Pond’s.
The New Pond’s Pearl Cleansing Gel will be available nationwide in all leading department stores, drugstores, supermarkets, groceries, and convenience stores this March.