Admit it, we just can’t get enough of matte liquid lipsticks! Recently, Happy Skin released their own version, which is part of their Glam Squad Collection. You can see the full collection with swatches and prices in this link: http://lushangel.com/2016/08/25/happy-skin-glam-squad-collection-swatches-prices/. I’m quite sure most of you are interested to know more about the matte liquid lipstick. Here’s my Happy Skin Liquid Matte Lipstick Review!
Happy Skin Liquid Matte Lipstick Product Information
The Happy Skin Liquid Matte lipstick delivers a pigmented pout with an ultra-matte finish. Expect it to glide on with high impact and intense color. Its long-wearing formula is impressively hydrating, but stays in place and gets the job done like a pro.
I love Happy Skin Liquid Matte Lipstick because…
- for the Glam Squad collection, it comes in a luxe rose gold packaging. The tube is transparent, making it easy to see the shade of the lipstick.
- the formula is not too watery nor too creamy. It glides easily on the lips.
- dries matte in seconds!
- color pay-off is excellent! I only need one layer and I get the true color of the lipstick.
- it’s almost scentless when applied. Note that there’s a little chemical scent when smelled directly from the applicator.
- there’s no color transfer.
I wish Happy Skin Liquid Matte Lipstick
- is not drying. It starts to get uncomfortable after 3-4 hours, which is expected with any matte lipstick.
- is long lasting. It starts to fade at the center after 3 hours without eating or drinking. Take note though that I always tend to lick my lips, which contributes to its shorter staying power, since I have very dry lips. (I think staying power for others is quite good.)
- has a more pointed applicator tip to easily line the lips and reach edges.
- is available in more shades. Currently, it’s part of the Happy Skin Glam Squad Collection, which comes in 4 gorgeous shades!
Tips on Happy Skin Liquid Matte Lipstick
- Prep is very important when using matte liquid lipstick! Scrub lips and soak with lip conditioner or lip balm. Do the rest of your makeup while you wait. After a few minutes, wipe off the balm to prevent the lipstick from sliding off.
- To make the matte liquid lipstick last longer, apply lip liner. This will also help in drawing a solid outline of your lips, which is quite hard to do with a doe foot applicator especially for darker shades.
- When applying liquid lipstick, do it in layers rather than putting on excess product in one go!
- For a “just-bitten” effect, apply a small amount at the center and quickly blend on the entire lips using a clean lip brush.
- If you find it a little drying after a few hours, apply lip balm to add moisture and to blend the color of the lipstick.
Happy Skin Liquid Matte Lipstick Verdict
I’d like to compare Happy Skin Liquid Matte Lipstick with Kylie Liquid Lipstick, which I reviewed here: http://lushangel.com/2016/05/04/kylie-lip-kit-by-kylie-jenner-review-swatches/. For me, they’re quite similar but Happy Skin’s version is better – in terms of comfort and staying power. But personally, I still wouldn’t use it as my everyday lippie since I have very dry lips to begin with. I like using it when attending events because of its high impact color, which is picture-perfect.
I’d recommend this to those who are into matte lipsticks or liquid matte lipsticks. The current shades of Happy Skin Glam Squad Liquid Matte Lipsticks are all gorgeous!!! For those with very dry lips, like I do, I still suggest going for Happy Skin’s Moisturizing Lippie and just save the liquid mattes for special occasions.
Liquid Matte Lipsticks from left to right: Denise, Mickey, Juan, Jigs
wearing Happy Skin Glam Squad Liquid Matte Lipstick in Sarte
The Happy Skin Glam Squad Collection is available in Happy Skin counters and online. Also, exclusively at zalora.com.ph, starting August 22, shop for your favorite makeup master’s eyeshadow duo and liquid matte lipstick, and get the Glam Squad Double-Zip Pouch for FREE! To ge instant updates from Happy Skin, follow them on Instagram and Twitter @happyskin_ph.