Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream has been around for quite some time now. Even before Sleek launched here in Manila, these matte lip creams made a buzz among beauty enthusiasts. Some of you might have tried it, while some are still thinking if it’s worth getting or not. It took me a while to write my full review of this product because, to be honest, I kinda had a love-hate relationship with it. Let me share more about it later on. Here’s my Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream Review:
Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream Product Information
Matte Me is a matte finish liquid lipstick that glides on in one smooth application, with no need for a second coat.
I love Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream because
- it’s long wearing – even after eating or drinking.
- it’s very pigmented. I get the real color in just one swipe.
- glides smoothly on the lips. It has liquid texture, then dries quickly.
- comes in various shades.
- it’s not so drying compared to other matte lipsticks.
- it’s affordable at PHP 450.
I wish Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream
- is easy to remove. I go for oil-based makeup remover to completely remove the product on my lips.
- feels comfortable on the lips. For the first few times I wore it, it felt like there’s another layer of film on top of my lips. (more about this on my verdict below)
- lip lines aren’t too obvious. Well, this is a common problem when it comes to matte lip products.
- it has a better applicator for precise application – especially for dark or bright shades. It’s quite hard to line the lips, especially the edges.
Tips on Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream
- Prep lips. Don’t forget to exfoliate and moisturize lips with a balm. Let the balm sit for a few minutes, then blot it with a tissue before applying Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream.
- Right after application, avoid pressing the lips until the product dries.
- Precise application is a must especially for dark or bright colors. You can use a lip brush if you’re not comfortable using the applicator that comes with the lip cream.
- I prefer using oil-based makeup remover to easily remove the product on my lips.
- You can use a lip gloss on top to avoid dry looking lips.
- If you feel your lips are getting dry by midday, you can apply lip balm on top to moisturize, at the same time, blend the color on your lips – without the need to add more lip cream.
Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream Verdict
As mentioned earlier, I used to have a love-hate relationship with this product (which explains why I have to push back this review until I finally made my decision)! When I tried my first tube of Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream, I found it very uncomfortable. It felt like there was a plastic around my lips and in an hour or two, my lips chapped. I gave it a second and third chance because I couldn’t believe it as well. I used the same tube and unfortunately, it gave the same result. A few months ago, I got some of the new shades of Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream as seen below.
Sleek Matte Me Ultra Smooth Matte Lip Cream in Velvet Slipper, Shabby Chic and Old Hollywood
If you’ve noticed in my posts and even on my Instagram (@lush_angel), my go-to makeup is the no-makeup look. When I saw Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream in Shabby Chic, I couldn’t resist! I just had to try it immediately. And to my surprise, my experience is totally different from my first tube! It’s not super comfortable like a moisturizing lipstick, but it did not make my lips extremely dry. There’s still that feeling of another layer of film on my lips, but not like the plastic-feel. I’m not sure if there’s a difference in the formula of the first tube I tried and these new shades or that first tube is just a one-off. But at least now I know and I’ve actually experienced what the buzz is all about with these Sleek Matte Me Ultra Smooth Matte Lip Creams.
Since then, Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream has been part of my beauty arsenal! For those times I know that I wouldn’t have much time to retouch throughout the day, I go for these lip creams. They’re super long lasting – even after eating and drinking. In fact, when I was out with my friends, they couldn’t help but ask what brand of lip product I was wearing. All of them noticed that the color stayed on my lips even after our dinner and drinks. It lightened but faded nicely on my lips. The week after, they got their own tubes as well! LOL!
I recommend Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream to those looking for an affordable matte lipstick and liquid lipstick.
P.S. I have yet to try Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream’s most famous shade, Birthday Suit! It’s said to be the “lips but better” kind of shade! I’m really getting curious!
Sleek Matte Me Ultra Smooth Matte Lip Cream in Fandango Purple
Sleek Matte Me Ultra Smooth Matte Lip Cream in Velvet Slipper and Shabby Chic
Sleek Matte Me Ultra Smooth Matte Lip Cream in Velvet Slipper
Sleek Matte Me Ultra Smooth Matte Lip Cream in Shabby Chic