Who needs filter if you can have poreless-looking skin? When Benefit first launched the POREfessional Face Primer, beauty enthusiasts loved it instantly. The POREfessional line then grew to cater to the common skin problems – visible pores and oily skin. Recently, Benefit released the POREfessional Pore Minimizing Makeup to keep us camera-ready wherever, whenever! Finally, I’m sharing my thoughts! Is it worth your money? Here’s my in-depth Benefit POREfessional Pore Minimizing Makeup review.
Benefit POREfessional Pore Minimizing Makeup Product Information
Face makeup to minimize the appearance of pores. Target pore problem areas with this weightless, long-wear makeup. The ultra-thin formula covers imperfections without settling into pores or clogging them. It visibly smooths and minimizes pores, instantly mattifies and controls excess surface oil for 8 hours.
I love Benefit POREfessional Pore Minimizing Makeup because…
- it has mushroom extract known to minimize the appearance of pores.
- it comes in 5 shades covering a wide range of skin tones.
- it has runny consistency, which feels very light on skin. It easily drips though.
- it has innovative packaging – perfect for those who are on the go and for touch ups. It has a blending sponge at its base.
- the blending sponge that comes with it works well with the watery consistency of the makeup. It doesn’t absorb too much product, at the same time, it releases any makeup absorbed when the sponge is pressed against the skin.
- it effectively blurs pores.
- it’s super lightweight – as if I’m not wearing any makeup on.
- it doesn’t clog pores.
- it has buildable coverage – light to medium. I can use it alone – even without concealer as it can cover light imperfections.
- it doesn’t cake even when used to retouch on top of makeup.
- it sets to a semi-matte finish that looks very natural.
I wish Benefit POREfessional Pore Minimizing Makeup…
- can control oil for 8 hours, as per claim. I have oily skin and in my case, it’s good for up to 5 hours max, which is considered long-wearing already so I really don’t mind!
Tips on Benefit POREfessional Pore Minimizing Makeup
- Clean the sponge often. Just like in any makeup tools, bacteria can build up if not washed properly.
- Before using the Benefit POREfessional Pore Minimizing Makeup, shake well.
- Press button to release 1-2 drops of makeup onto sponge. I prefer putting the makeup directly on the sponge rather than the back of the hand because of the watery consistency of the makeup.
- Apply on bare skin. You can also use it to touch up anytime – even on top of makeup.
- Pat the sponge on pore problem areas. You can also use it all over the face, but I prefer concentrating the product only on pore problem areas and blend out for a natural look.
- For even more poreless finish, apply POREfessional face primer before patting on POREfessional Pore Minimizing Makeup.
- For heavier coverage, use powder foundation to set the makeup. Otherwise, you can use translucent powder.
Benefit POREfessional Pore Minimizing Makeup Verdict
I was surprised how amazing the coverage is despite the runny consistency of POREfessional Pore Minimizing Makeup! Plus, it’s weightless – as if I’m not wearing anything. As seen in the photos below, it does a great job in blurring out the appearance of pores. I also like using it for touch ups – even on top of makeup. It instantly mattifies my oily skin and refreshes my makeup!
I recommend Benefit POREfessional Pore Minimizing Makeup to those who have oily or oily to combination skin and are willing to spend for a foundation that is super lightweight (even lighter than BB or CC creams) and has good coverage, which can blur out pores and even light blemishes.
Note that I don’t really recommend putting the makeup at the back of the hand because of the foundation’s runny consistency.
with Benefit POREfessional Pore Minimizing Makeup… Notice the difference of the pores on the cheek area…
No concealer or powder on top. Just Benefit POREfessional Pore Minimizing Makeup and blush.
Benefit POREfessional Pore Minimizing Makeup is available in all Benefit boutiques and it’s priced at PHP 1,700 in the Philippines.