Matte lipsticks are known to make the lips even drier or accentuate lip lines or hanging dry skin. Could this new L’Oréal Color Riche Matte be any different? Find out below. Here’s my L’Oréal Color Riche Matte review.
L’Oréal Color Riche Matte Lipstick Product Information
Intense Hydration. Rich, Matte Color. Comfortable Wear. Smooth, Creamy Feel.
Pros: L’Oréal Color Riche Matte Lipstick
- luxe packaging, leather-like tube
- does not cause the lips to dry out
- quite long lasting – about 4 to 5 hours
- comes in a variety of shades
- does not bleed
- great color payoff – I get the exact color on the tube in one swipe
- has a soft matte finish
- feels comfortable on the lips – does not feel dry even when worn the entire day
- glides smoothly on the lips
- affordable (PHP 350 or approximately USD 6)
Cons: L’Oréal Color Riche Matte Lipstick
- Like any matte lipstick, it can accentuate dry lips.
Tips on L’Oréal Color Riche Matte Lipstick
- Exfoliate lips to remove any hanging dry skin. You can use your toothbrush by gently brushing it on your lips.
- If you moisturized your lips with lip balm, don’t forget to pat lips with tissue paper to remove any oily residue. This will prevent lipstick to bleed.
- Apply starting in the center of your upper lip. Work from the center to outer edges of your lips, following the contour of your mouth.
- For a bolder look, fill in entire lips with lip liner before applying L’Oréal Color Riche Matte Lipstick
L’Oréal Color Riche Matte Lipstick Verdict
I was surprised when I first tried L’Oréal Color Riche Matte. It’s a matte lipstick that’s comfortable to wear with great color payoff. I did not expect it from a drugstore brand, to be honest. It can still accentuate lip lines or dry lips, which is why exfoliating is a must before applying the lipstick. The variety of shades is also impressive.
I would recommend L’Oréal Color Riche Matte to those looking for a reasonably priced matte lipstick that’s not drying.
shade 269 Cafe de Flore
on the lips