Brow microblading has been on the rise for the past months. In fact, I have been thinking of having it done as well. I’m just afraid of the pain and downtime. Maybelline solves this with its newest product innovation, the Tattoo Brow Ink Pen. How it works and how does it look? Read my full review of Maybelline Tattoo Brow Ink Pen below.
Maybelline Tattoo Brow Ink Pen Product Information
High concentrated dye formula creates a tattoo effect that lasts up to 24 hours. The comb tip brings hair-like strokes that mimic your natural brow hair.
Pros: Maybelline Tattoo Brow Ink Pen
- It looks very natural – as if I have real full brows.
- It is easy to apply, despite the intimidating comb-tip. The unique tip covers more area at once, helping me perfect my brows in half the time!
- The comb-tip applicator can mimic natural hair-like strokes or can also be used like a single tip pen for a more defined brows.
- It dries quickly.
- It is waterproof, sweat-proof, smudge-proof, and transfer-proof. I tried to rub the swatches I made below and they did not budge.
- It is easy to remove even with a light makeup remover.
- In case you need to erase overdrawn lines, it comes off quickly as long as the ink hasn’t dried up. I just use a q-tip or my ring finger.
- Each stroke has soft pigment, as if you’re drawing with a light hand. This is exactly what we need when applying brow makeup!
- It is affordable at PHP 399.
Cons: Maybelline Tattoo Brow Ink Pen
- The formula is a little runny so I’m afraid that the pen would not last me for a month.
- It starts to fade after 8 hours, but it’s not something I’m really bothered. The fading is not drastic and my brows still look natural by the end of the day. This may just be a con to those who want very defined brows for 24 hours, which is the brand’s claim.
- Only available in 3 shades: Gray Brown, Natural Brown, and Red Brown. Those with very light or blonde hair might want a lighter shade. See tips below.
Tips on Maybelline Tattoo Brow Ink Pen
- Start by making upward strokes on your inner brow.
- Fill in the gaps throughout the brows.
- If you prefer defined brows, line the arch and tail of your brows as if you’re using a single tip pencil.
- If you have light hair, you can use a lighter shade of brow mascara to soften the brow strands.
- Layer strokes to achieve desired shade. Always take a step back from the mirror to see your overall look. Each stroke may appear light, but it may look too overly drawn when applied too much.
Maybelline Tattoo Brow Ink Pen Verdict
I highly recommend Maybelline Tattoo Brow Ink Pen to those who want the look of micro-bladed brows minus the commitment, pain and downtime. If you’re also looking for an affordable, easy to use brow makeup in liquid formula that looks natural when applied, this is for you. It is for those with sparse brows or even non-existent brow strands.
From left to right: Natural Brown, Gray Brown, and Red Brown
Notice how it bleeds when swatched on hand. But don’t worry, it actually looks natural when applied on the brows. See photos below.
left: with Maybelline Tattoo Brow Ink Pen in Gray Brown; right: bare
Maybelline Tattoo Brow Ink Pen is now available in Maybelline New York counters and partner online retailers nationwide.