For my everyday makeup, I always choose products that are quick and easy to apply. Recently, I’ve been trying Tom Ford Traceless Touch Foundation Cushion Compact. Is it great for everyday makeup? Is it as good as other Tom Ford foundations? Read my full review of Tom Ford Traceless Touch Foundation Cushion Compact below. I also included before and after photos at the end of this post to show the coverage.
Tom Ford Traceless Touch Foundation Cushion Compact Product Information
Created in Japan exclusively for Tom Ford.
Touch and go with Traceless. The essential step for a flawless face premieres in a portably chic cushion compact. Traceless Touch Foundation SPF 45/PA++++ introduces a refreshing, skin-perfecting formula with sun protection and seamless satin-matte coverage that creates a natural look on the go, fresh, lightweight multi-tasking powerhouse cushion compact hydrages and delivers a balanced complexion that glows with vitality and radiance while SPF 45/PA++++ protects skin from the sun.
Pros: Tom Ford Traceless Touch Foundation Cushion Compact
- As always, it comes in a luxurious packaging with gold details and TF logo on top.
- It has nice fragrance. Those who are sensitive to scent don’t have to worry since it disappears quickly.
- It is lightweight and very easy to blend.
- It has medium to full coverage. No need to keep on layering so a little goes a long way. I don’t need to use concealer for light to medium blemishes and even my under eye area.
- It is perfect for those who are on-the-go, like me. Using the sponge that comes with the compact, I just literally have to tap, pat and go! I usually do my makeup in the car so Tom Ford Traceless Touch Foundation Cushion Compact is a lot easier for me to use compared to a liquid foundation, which I still have to pump at the back of my hand and use my finger or a foundation brush to apply.
- It has satin-matte finish that makes the skin look radiant.
- It has SPF 45/PA++++, yet it doesn’t have white cast in photos.
- I oil up but not the greasy kind. In fact, my skin looks dewy and fresh even without retouching.
- It has anti-aging benefits.
Cons: Tom Ford Traceless Touch Foundation Cushion Compact
- Shades can be confusing. The names are the same as the other Tom Ford foundation ranges, but the shades of the cushion appear lighter. My shade is 4.0 Fawn for Tom Ford Traceless Touch Foundation Cushion Compact, while my shade is 5.5 Bisque for Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation.
- Layering too much can cause foundation to cake especially around the nose and chin. This may not be a problem if you have normal or dry skin. If you have oily skin like I do, see tips below to avoid fading.
- It comes with a nice velvety pouch, but it’s quite a struggle to open the drawstring. It’s not really a big deal for me since l don’t really need to close the drawstring.
Tips on Tom Ford Traceless Touch Foundation Cushion Compact
- Visit a Tom Ford counter to get the exact shade match.
- For a lighter coverage, I like using a stippling brush, concentrating more on the center of the face. Then, I pat on my beauty blender for a more flawless finish.
- For more coverage or when on-the-go, I use the sponge that comes with the compact. Just tap and lightly pat onto the skin.
- Always remember to start with a small amount since this has medium to full coverage. Don’t press the sponge or your chosen applicator too hard into the cushion.
- To avoid caking, do not layer too much product. 1 to 2 layers can already give you a flawless skin.
- Use an illuminator or radiant primer if you have dry skin and want more glowing skin.
- Set with translucent powder for the foundation to last longer, especially if you have oily skin.
Tom Ford Traceless Touch Foundation Cushion Compact Verdict
To be honest, I’m not a huge fan of cushion compacts. I’ve tried quite a handful, but I only liked about 2-3. In my experience, most cushion compacts make my skin look radiant upon application, but ends up really greasy by midday. This is why I didn’t expect much when I first heard about the launch of Tom Ford Traceless Touch Foundation Cushion Compact.
Well, I guess I found my portable everyday liquid foundation—perfect for my lifestyle. Despite having medium to full coverage, it’s very lightweight, making me want to reach for it most of the time especially when I’m in a rush or when I’m on-the-go—which is almost everyday. I find it very easy and convenient to apply than the usual liquid foundation. I get flawless, even and radiant skin in just few pats without the need to use concealer.
Although I really love how this Tom Ford Traceless Touch Foundation Cushion Compact make my skin look dewy and radiant the longer I wear it, I noticed how the foundation starts to separate and sink into my pores around my nose and chin areas after 6 to 8 hours. But as I mentioned in my tips above, caking is almost unnoticeable if the product is applied thinly. Note that I have oily skin and this wouldn’t be a problem if you have normal or dry skin. This is why I still use my trusty liquid foundation on long days and special occasions. I recently tried Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation, which is also love-at-first-try. I’ll do a separate review on that, but I can say it also has a different formula from the cushion compact.
I recommend Tom Ford Traceless Touch Foundation Cushion Compact to those looking for a portable liquid foundation for everyday use. It’s also for those who are in search for a lightweight foundation with medium to full coverage. It is basically your-skin-but-better finish.
left side (facing the screen): bare skin; right side (facing the screen): applied Tom Ford Traceless Touch Foundation Cushion Compact
full face with Tom Ford Traceless Touch Foundation Cushion Compact
Notice the left side and how the pores, dark under eye area and redness on my cheeks disappeared. I just applied one layer of Tom Ford Traceless Touch Foundation Cushion Compact here.
Below is an up-close photo and check how the skin glows even without illuminating primer or highlighter. I did not set this with powder yet.
More before and after photos below…
left side (facing the screen): with Tom Ford Traceless Touch Foundation Cushion Compact; right side (facing the screen): bare skin
full face with Tom Ford Traceless Touch Foundation Cushion Compact, concealer, translucent powder and blush
Tom Ford Traceless Touch Foundation Cushion Compact is available at Tom Ford Beauty counters in Adora, Greenbelt 5 and Rustan’s Makati. Empty Compact is priced at PHP 1,900, while the Core Cushion is priced at PHP 2,800.