Hey loves! I know it’s been a while since my last thorough beauty review. But ever since I posted about the new Benefit California Kissin’ ColorBalm on my IG stories (@lush_angel), I’ve been getting questions on how it fares. I won’t keep you any longer. Here’s my full review.
Benefit California Kissin’ ColorBalm Product Information
Glide on this moisturising lip balm for up to 8 hours* of smooth, luxurious colour. This cushiony formula contains wild mango butter to help your lips feel moisturised & nourished. It also has hyaluronic acid to help keep your lips feeling smooth & hydrated all day.
Pros: Benefit California Kissin’ ColorBalm
- It has silky smooth formula and is super comfortable on the lips.
- It is moisturizing—feels good to apply, especially for someone who has dry lips like me. No tugging.
- It is well-pigmented for a moisturizing lipstick.
- It smells so good! It has that sweet, yummy scent.
- It leaves a nice stain on the lips when it fades.
- Color is buildable—one coat for sheer coverage and two or three coats for a more vibrant color.
- It has 12 beautiful shades to choose from.
Cons: Benefit California Kissin’ ColorBalm
- Packaging-wise, I’m not a huge fan since the cover is made of plastic. For the price, I would prefer a nicer cover.
- It smears, especially for darker shades, after wearing for a while.
- It promises 8 hours of hydration, but it doesn’t last that long on my lips.
- It fades after eating or drinking, but on the brighter side, it still leaves a nice tint on the lips.
Tips on Benefit California Kissin’ ColorBalm
- For sheer coverage, swipe once. Apply 2-3 coats for rich, pigmented color.
- To prevent smudging or smearing, apply lip liner. You can also apply powder on the corners of the lips.
Benefit California Kissin’ ColorBalm Verdict
No doubt, for a moisturizing lipstick, it has great pigment! Although it smears and it’s not long lasting, which are usual problems with most moisturizing lipsticks, I honestly do not mind. For someone who has really dry lips, I really appreciate comfortable and hydrating lip colors. It’s like a lip balm with excellent color pay off so it’s still a win!
I recommend Benefit California Kissin’ ColorBalm to those with dry lips or those looking for a hydrating lip color. If you’re into long-lasting lipsticks, you can skip this.