By the name itself, a conditioner is supposed to “condition”, in other words, moisturize the hair after cleansing with shampoo. But isn’t a hair treatment also brings back moisture to the hair? So, what’s the difference between the two? If you’ve read my review on Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Shampoo and Conditioner (if you haven’t, click HERE to get directed), my satisfaction for those products is already a given. I’m actually very blunt in saying, I really love the combo! With my hair’s condition though, anything that could moisturize, moisturize and moisturize my hair, I’m willing to try. Dove creating another “hair moisturizer” variant, a.k.a. Daily Treatment, made me curious.
After using Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Daily Treatment for two weeks straight, here are the differences I noticed from Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Conditioner.
- Let’s go first with the obvious- packaging. While both have the same 180ml tube, Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Daily Treatment is a bit slimmer but taller than the Conditioner. Also, the Daily Treatment tube has a shiny, foil-like finish, making it look more luxe than the matte finish of the Conditioner.
- The moment you squeeze the tube of Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Daily Treatment, there you’ll see its main difference from the Conditioner. The cream isn’t just plain white. It’s a combination of white and gold strips, as seen below.
- Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Daily Treatment is not all about the unique dual colored cream. The tube says, it also has that dual action formula that delivers the power of double repair. Most conditioners mainly work on the surface, which is not enough as some damage lies inside the hair fiber. Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Daily Treatment is a conditioner with micro moisture serum, which repairs, intensely nourishes and seals lifted cuticles to help protect against future damage. It’s basically a daily treatment with fiber actives, which are the key ingredients that penetrate deep inside to help restore and strengthen hair from within.
- My hair feels heavier when I rinse the Daily Treatment compared to when I use the Conditioner. It’s not as heavy though when my hair dries.
- My hair has a bit more volume when I use Damage Therapy Intense Repair Daily Treatment. It’s usually the case whenever I use hair treatments.
- It’s good to note that, just like the Conditioner, I also get very minimal hairfall when I use the Daily Treatment. I normally get a lot of hairfall when I apply and rinse hair treatment.
- When I use Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Daily Treatment, my hair is also as soft and as shiny when I use the Conditioner.
- When it comes to price points, the difference is minimal. Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Conditioner 180ml is PHP 108.90, while Damage Therapy Intense Repair Daily Treatment 180ml is PHP 149.00.
- Just like your regular conditioner, do not apply Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Daily Treatment on the roots of your hair. Apply mid-shaft, and then concentrate more on the tips.
- You can use it daily after shampoo OR use it alternately with Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Conditioner.
- For best results, leave the treatment 1-3 minutes on your hair before rinsing thoroughly.
Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Daily Treatment has that intensive repairing power of a treatment, which is safe to use everyday, just like a conditioner. Although it has minimal difference (if there actually is) when it comes to my hair’s softness and shine, I love the feeling of security I get knowing that the Daily Treatment helps restore and strengthen my hair from within.
I recommend Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Daily Treatment to those with badly damaged hair or those with sensitized hair. It’s actually a perfect maintenance for chemically treated hair. It can also be used alternately with Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Conditioner if you don’t want that bit of volume everyday.
I love how I can treat my hair daily, without the need to splurge. If you’re wondering how I maintain my red, shiny, soft hair, as seen in my “Happy Fifth” Outfit post, these are the products I’ve been using: Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Shampoo, Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Conditioner, and Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Daily Treatment.