The Karl Lagerfeld for Shu Uemura Holiday 2012 Collection includes Rouge Unlimited lipsticks, as shared in THIS POST. Karl Lagerfeld, the creative director of Chanel fashion house, created the collection from the packaging design to color collection, which made fashion and beauty lovers even more excited!
I got the Karl for Shu Rouge Unlimited Lipstick in Mon Shu Red, one of my favorite shades in the collection! Even with very minimal makeup, I just swipe this lippie and I’m ready to go! I feel I’m all made up! How about its quality? Here are my thoughts…
From iconic red to cute coquettish pale tones, tint your lips with rich moisture and long lasting comfort. A stylish black box outfits the lipstick package which features the cute Mon Shu Girl character. A key color of the collection, the vivid red may lead you to a kiss under the mistletoe.
Available in shades: Celebrity Beige, Mon Shu Red, Luxe Burgundy, and Parisienne Pink
I love it because…
- the silver tube is adorned with the cute Mon Shu Girl. I also appreciate the clear cap, which greatly helps in seeing through the color- especially if you have a stack of lipsticks.
- the texture is creamy and glides smoothly on the lips.
- it’s very moisturizing on the lips. It doesn’t dry out my lips even when it starts to fade.
- it feels very light, almost like lip balm. It’s very comfortable to wear.
- it has that perfect sheen- healthy kind of gloss.
- it’s unscented.
- coverage is buildable- sheer to medium.
- Mon Shu Red has a nice coral red pigment.
- it’s long lasting. It takes about 2 to 3 hours before it starts to fade.
- it comes in more shades. Karl Lagerfeld x Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Lipstick collection includes 4 shades- Celebrity Beige, Mon Shu Red, Luxe Burgundy, and Parisienne Pink.
- it’s a permanent collection. Although Shu Uemura lipstick has a wide variety of color collection, Mon Shu Girl is too irrisistable!
- If you used a lip balm, blot before applying the lipstick. This is to avoid the lipstick from sliding off.
- For darker shades of lipstick, use a lip brush for a more precise application.
- If you wish to tone down the glossiness on your lips, pat a small amount of matte powder on top.
Anything adorned wit Mon Shu Girl, I have to say, I’m in love! Haha! But Karl Lagerfeld for Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Lipstick is more than just the cute packaging. Although the lasting factor can be a drawback because of its creamy texture, I still wouldn’t mind reapplying as long as it’s comfortable to wear and very moisturizing on the lips. Mon Shu Red also has good color pay off. It has that perfect sheen – not too glossy and not too dry.
I recommend Karl for Shu Rouge Unlimited to those who don’t mind splurging on a lipstick (PHP 1,350) for its quality. For everyday use, you can go for shades like Celebrity Beige and Parisienne Pink. For events, night outs, or for days when you simply want to glam up, darker shades like Luxe Burgundy and Mon Shu Red will fit your taste. If you are into matte lipsticks though, I would still suggest Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Supreme Matte Lipstick.
3 swipes of Mon Shu Red
This is the same lipstick I used in my Silver and Neon Shine outift post.