Most of you are probably familiar with the term HD (High Definition). It’s being used in televisions, LCD monitors, cameras, until it has invaded make ups. Now, HD is used in skincare too! What is HD and what is its connection with makeup and skincare? To keep it simple, high definition cameras and tvs can produce crisp, crystal clear and detailed images. Therefore, if you have blemishes or imperfections on your face, it’s easily captured by a high definition camera. Eeek! We don’t want that! Who doesn’t want to look flawless?! That’s when cosmetic brands started using the term “HD” on their products. It simply means, making you appear flawless and ready for HD cameras. Using it on skincares can be more intriguing because that means we can look flawless even without makeup! This is why when I saw Estee Lauder came up with the new CyberWhite HD collection, I got super excited! 😀
Estee Lauder Research shows that not only UV, but also now pollution exposure, is a key contributor to the formation of dark spots and that Asian skin is particularly vulnerable. Inspired by these new findings, Estée Lauder introduces the next generation of advanced spot reducing and brightening with NEW CyberWhite HD. This extraordinary brightening system is empowered by NEW HD-90 Technology, which features a potent, unprecedented level of 90% active Baicalin, an ingredient derived from a botanical known for its exceptional brightening power. This advanced system helps dissolve the look of dark spots and prevent new spots from forming so that even up close skin looks more flawless, fairer and translucent – with “high definition” clarity and brightness.
Estee Lauder CyberWhite HD Advanced Spot Correcting Collection includes the following:
- NEW CyberWhite HD Advanced Spot-Correcting Essence (PHP 5,650.00) – Estée Lauder’s most advanced brightening essence, this concentrated formula features the highest level of HD-90 Technology to help dramatically brighten the look of dark spots to. As dullness disappears, light seems to come from deep within skin, which, up close, appears more flawless, fairer and translucent.
- NEW CyberWhite HD Advanced Spot Correcting Moisture Lotion in Fresh Moist (PHP 2,800.00) – The first step to high-definition clarity, this treatment lotion helps minimize the look of dark spots and dullness to reveal a brighter, clearer complexion. By preparing skin to absorb the maximum benefits from the treatments that follow, it optimizes the brightening benefits of the CyberWhite regimen and helps revitalize skin with fresh waves of hydration as it balances, protects and cushions.
- NEW CyberWhite HD Advanced Brightening BB Balm SPF 30 (PHP 2,500.00) – The next generation in BB creme technology, this innovative, “master multi-tasker” comes in a new portable compact. This featherlight balm creates a smooth, lightweight and natural finish while helping to protect skin from UVA/UVB exposure as well as pollution. It also helps to reinforce skin’s moisture barrier, which is the first defense against dark spots. It’s like your second skin. Smooth and comfortable, it leaves skin primed for makeup.
For today, I’ll be reviewing Estee Lauder CyberWhite HD Advanced Spot-Correcting Essence.
I love Estee Lauder CyberWhite HD Advanced Spot-Correcting Essence because…
- it’s in a pump packaging. It’s a sanititary way to dispense the product instead of jar, where product is more exposed and prone to contamination.
- it’s perfect for all skin types. Even oily skinned individuals can use it.
- it feels very light on skin- no greasy or heavy feel.
- I can use it both day and night. I can be a bit picky with products I use during the day since serum-like texture can make me oil up like crazy. This essence doesn’t cause me to be extra greasy.
- it’s easily absorbed by my skin.
- it didn’t cause me any breakouts, irritations or allergic reactions.
- I noticed a slight brightening effect after using it for a few weeks.
- it has a very light and calming fruity floral scent.
I wish Estee Lauder CyberWhite HD Advanced Spot-Correcting Essence….
- is cheaper. It’s priced at PHP 5,650 (approximately USD 134), but it’s expected from a luxury brand.
Tips on Estee Lauder CyberWhite HD Advanced Spot-Correcting Essence
- Apply the Estee Lauder CyberWhite HD Advanced Spot-Correcting Essence day and night after your toner and before moisturizer.
- Since I have oily skin, I skip moisturizer when I use this during the day. But of course, if you feel comfortable applying moisturizer on top, feel free to do so.
- For those with dry skin, apply your moisturizer on top of this essense day and night.
Estee Lauder CyberWhite HD Advanced Spot-Correcting Essence Verdict
Not all essences or serums work for those with oily skin. Since they are more concentrated, they have the tendency to be thicker, which can be uncomfortable to those with oily skin. They can feel heavy and make skin even more oily. In fact, when I use thick and concentrated products, I oil up in a matter of minutes. I don’t experience this with Estee Lauder CyberWhite HD Advanced Spot-Correcting Essence. It gets absorbed by my skin easily. Of course, I still get oily, but it’s my normal oil secretion. I don’t get extra greasy due to this product. In fact, it feels so light. Don’t be fooled by its name, CyberWhite. It doesn’t really whiten your overall skintone. Instead, it lightens dark spots. I cannot vouch on its lightening effect as I only suffer a few acne marks that have faded already. I noticed a very slight brightening effect on my skin though, which I love! 😀
I recommend Estee Lauder CyberWhite HD Advanced Spot-Correcting Essence to those who suffer from dark spots and are willing to spend for luxury skincare.
NEW CyberWhite HD is part of the complete CyberWhite collection and is available at Rustan’s Makati, Shangri-la, Alabang, Gateway, Cebu and Essenses Powerplant.