Recently, Estee Lauder came out with the New Pure Color Cello Shots, a playful collection that includes New Pure Color Cheek Rush to flush cheeks with a sheer stain, as well as New Limited Edition Pure Color Sheer Rush Lipshine and Limited Edition Pure Color Sheer Rush Gloss which wash lips in a pop of crystalline color.
Today, I’m reviewing Estee Lauder Pure Color Cheek Rush. When it comes to blush, I’m a big fan of that natural looking flush. Let’s see if this blush will give me that instant cheek rush. 😀 Read on.
Estee Lauder Pure Color Cheek Rush Product Information
Blush with a rush of cellophane-sheer gel color. So unique, your cheeks have never blushed liked this before. Sheer, buildable, water-light gel. Simply pump sparingly on fingertips, then blend.
I love Estee Lauder Pure Color Cheek Rush because…
- it has such a pretty packaging! The color of the container depends on the shade of the blush. It also has a classy golden cap and collar.
- it’s in a pump packaging. It’s more sanitized compared to pots.
- it gives a natural looking flush.
- it’s lightweight. It doesn’t feel sticky.
- it feels cool when applied- very refreshing.
- didn’t cause me breakouts or any allergic reactions.
- it’s blendable.
- it’s buildable.
- it’s water-based and oil-free – good news for those with oily skin!
- it leaves skin hydrated.
I wish Estee Lauder Pure Color Cheek Rush…
- doesn’t dry fast. It has a tendency to leave spots or stain if not blended quickly.
- is more pigmented. It’s sheer, but it’s buildable. The good side, there’s a slim chance you’ll over apply.
- is long lasting. As with any gel or cream blush, it doesn’t last the whole day. See tips below on how to make it last longer.
- is cheaper. It’s priced at PHP 2,000 (about USD 46).
Tips on Estee Lauder Pure Color Cheek Rush
- For those with dry skin, moisturize skin well first.
- Apply with clean fingers or a foundation brush.
- If you’re using a foundation brush, you can place a small amount of gel blush on the brush.
- If you’re using your fingers, gently pat in circular motion.
- Start from the apple of the cheek blending outwards.
- Apply before powder foundation or loose powder.
- To keep it long lasting and for those with oily skin, apply powder blush on top.
- If you applied too much, top with powder foundation.
- Don’t forget it’s better to start with small amount and just add more when needed.
Estee Lauder Pure Color Cheek Rush Verdict
I like the fresh and natural flush of Estee Lauder Pure Color Cheek Rush. I find it easy to blend, but there’s a need to be quick to avoid blotchy application. The pigment may be a downside to some as it has really sheer finish (but that’s the main reason why it’s called cellophane-sheer gel color). I like that it’s lightweight and it leaves my skin dewy and healthy. It doesn’t look greasy even after hours.
I recommend Estee Lauder Pure Color Cheek Rush to those who want a natural flush on their cheeks. It’s also great for first time users of gel blush since it’s very sheer. You can easily build the color if you want a brighter shade.
Estee Lauder Pure Color Cheek Rush in X-Pose Rose shade
More about the makeup details of the photo above on my Bridal Makeup Tutorial post.
The NEW Pure Color Cello Shots Collection is available at Rustan’s Makati and Rustan’s Shangrila only for a limited time. Prices are as follows: Pure Color Cheek Rush – PHP 2,000; Pure Color Sheer Rush Lipshine and Limited Edition Pure Color Sheer Rush Gloss – PHP 1,400
For instant beauty, fashion, travel, foodie, or random updates from me, LIKE lushangelblog on FACEBOOK, FOLLOW lush_angel on TWITTER and lush_angel on INSTAGRAM. You can also follow my blog with Bloglovin.