My mom and I are both huge fans of Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum, which I reviewed in THIS POST. This is why when they released an eye treatment in the same line, I was really excited. It also claims to be as smart as the face serum, which understands the particular needs of the skin, providing custom repair for the damage you see and the damage you don’t. Anyway, read on my Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Eye Treatment review below to know if it passed my test with flying colors!
Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Eye Treatment Product Information
Our smart eye treatment targets repair as needed, where needed. Custom repair is how one formula can visibly brighten, contour and firm, plump or repair the look of crow’s feet. Use twice a day.
I love Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Eye Treatment because…
- my under eye area looks brighter and hydrated.
- I didn’t experience any allergic reactions or irritations.
- it helps in achieving flawless concealer application. Since it leaves my under eye area moisturized and somehow fills in the gaps on fine lines, my concealer doesn’t become patchy or doesn’t settle in between lines or dry skin.
- it’s fragrance-free.
- it’s loaded with anti-oxidants.
- it comes in an airtight pump bottle, which helps keep the formula stable (minimal air and light exposure). Also, I can easily control the amount of product dispensed.
- a little goes a long way. I only need half pump for my entire eye area.
- it’s easily absorbed by the skin (in a matter of seconds!)
- it feels very light. No sticky or greasy feeling.
- it doesn’t clog my pores.
I wish Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Eye Treatment…
- comes in a bottle wherein I can see how much product is left. My problem with the packaging too is that I can’t open it to scoop out all the product left. Usually pumps tend to leave quite a lot of product at the bottle’s bottom and sides. (Just being a practical girl here… Haha!)
- will work on very dry skin. Although it says it’s suitable for all skin types, those with dry skin might appreciate a thicker eye cream.
Tips on Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Eye Treatment
- Use morning and night after cleansing and toning the face.
- Use your ring finger to apply the product. Just pat or dab around the eye area, making sure you don’t tug or rub the skin.
Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Eye Treatment Verdict
I’ve been using Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Eye Treatment for more than two weeks now and I can see that it really helped brighten my eye area. It actually has those micro-shimmer particles, which help in the illuminating effect, but they’re almost undetectable when the product gets absorbed by the skin. I wouldn’t say that the brightening effect is just because of those shimmery particles though. I see how my eye area looks brighter in the morning. It also keeps my under eye area hydrated, soft and smooth. I can’t vouch that it can repair the look of crow’s feet, but with its ingredients, I honestly think that it can delay the appearance of fine lines. Remember, when it comes to anti-aging products, it’s better to start early to delay any signs of ageing than try to let those lines disappear when they are already there. Also, I’m not sure how smart it is to target what and where repair is needed. It’s amazing, but leaves me wondering how this smart technology works. Anyway, whether it really works that way or not, I’m happy and satisfied over-all with how the product feels on my skin and its effects. Therefore, I highly recommend it, especially to those with normal to oily skin.
this small amount is good enough for the entire eye area
when applied (not yet absorbed by the skin)
after a few seconds…
Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Eye Treatment is available in all Clinique counters. SRP is PHP 2,850 15ml.