Strobing is the new contouring – this is what we have all been hearing for the past couple of months in the world of makeup. This beauty craze focuses mainly on highlighter, which should be applied where the light naturally hits the face – that is cheekbones, center of the forehead, brow bones, bridge of the nose, and chin. And what’s the goal when highlighting? It is to diffuse light and create a glow, without drawing attention to imperfections.
I’ve been getting a number of queries about highlighting. What product can I recommend? Cream, liquid, or powder? Read on my Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlight Review below as this might just be “THE ONE” for you.
Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlight Product Information
Luminous cream highlighting stick with light-reflecting optics brings your best features forward. Long-wearing, oil-free.
I love Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlight because…
- it comes in a twist-up tube, which is perfect for those who are on-the-go.
- it’s a light pink balm with silver-white sheen. It looks very natural when blended.
- it glides easily onto the skin. It’s very creamy.
- blending is such a breeze. I promise!
- it gives a subtle healthy glow- not shiny or sparkly.
- it’s very easy to apply
- it’s for all skin types. Although those with oily skin might find it too creamy, read on my tips below to avoid the “oily” feel.
I wish Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlight
- is long lasting. It starts to fade after 3 hours.
- it can be used across all skin tones. The shade may appear whitish on those with deep complexions because of the silver-white sheen.
Tips on Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlight
- Glide on over bare skin or foundation to accentuate top of cheekbones, bridge of nose and other areas.
- Remember, when highlighting, apply to the high parts of the cheekbones and avoid the apples of the cheeks – or this will accentuate pores.
- For those with oily or combination skin, before using the Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlight, dust on translucent powder on areas that tend to get shiny to absorb oil.
- Blend with fingers or brush.
- Wipe with clean tissue every after use.
- Use it alone to add that subtle glow to the skin for a quick pick me up or use it with the contour for a more chiseled cheeks.
- If you find the product too creamy or oily for your skin, just dust a little translucent powder on top.
Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlight Verdict
Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlight can look a little intimidating, especially for those who are not used to cream or stick-type product users. There’s always that notion that it’s harder to blend and it’s only for professionals- probably because it’s as if you’re drawing lines directly on the face. The truth is, Clinique’s Chubby Sticks are one of the easiest to apply and blend that I have tried to date! They blend like a dream! You can read my review of Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Color Balm here – https://lushangel.com/2015/02/23/clinique-chubby-stick-cheek-color-balm-review/
I recommend Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlight if you are looking for a product that could give your skin a subtle healthy glow. It may not be too long lasting, but it’s a product that can be used when you’re on-the-go. It comes in a stick and you only need your fingers to blend the product. It’s fuss-free that it can be used by first-time users of highlighters and cream or stick makeup products.
Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlight in Hefty
only with liquid foundation all over the face (without highlighter)…
used Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlight on my cheekbones… Notice the difference of my cheeks. Skin looks glowing and cheeks have that “lifted” effect.