I’m very lucky to have a mom who taught me well how to take care of my skin. When I hit the age of 20, my mom always reminded me to start using anti-aging products. Well, being a diligent daughter, I followed her advice – no questions asked. But of course, at the back of my mind, I wondered – isn’t it I’m too young to use anti-aging creams? Now that I’m over 30, I now understand why my mom was so concerned about the skincare products I use. As they say, mothers know best.
Some of you still probably wonders what is the right age to use anti-aging products. Last week, I attended the Timeless Beauty workshop hosted by L’Oreal and Watsons. Skin experts were present to talk about skin health and the truth about anti-aging. Let me share some of the interesting facts I learned, which I’m quite sure some of you will be surprised to know.
The Truth About Skin Aging
- On Starting Your Anti-Aging Regimen. As early as 20s, natural aging already begins. Once women hit their 30’s, skin health processes slow down and the need to upgrade to anti-aging regimen becomes imperative. “Skinvesting” time and effort will prevent formation of pigmentation or discoloration and static wrinkles on your skin.
- On Wearing Sun Protection. As I always say here on my blog, sunscreen is one of the most important anti-aging essentials. The sun causes 90% of wrinkles with intense and frequent sun exposure lessening the ability of the skin to heal on its own. Preventing this by wearing sunscreen is easier than smoothing lines and other signs of aging later on.
- On Application. Aside from your face, extend your anti-aging regimen on your neck, chest and back of the hands.
- On Upgrading Your Anti-Aging Regimen. The skin around the eyes is the most sensitive part of the face. It’s time to take care of the eye area to prevent future crow’s feet.
- On Healthy Living. Reconsider your lifestyle, such as giving up smoking cigarettes, limiting alcohol intake, and exercising regularly. Lessen stress too, whether physical, mental, or emotional stress, as this can affect your skin.
My exercise story in this link: FITNESS
- On Diet. Try to eat organic as pesticides sprayed on food can disrupt the regular flow of your hormones, which can cause the skin to break out and form blemishes. If you have acne prone skin, minimize food with high glycemic index (like white bread, pasta, fried food, refined sugars) as increase in blood sugar levels can trigger acne flare. Plus, curbing processed sugar intake can also lessen the process of glycation – a process that contributes to the aging of the skin. Last, but not the least, make oily fish or fish oil supplements part of your diet as they’re great for anti-aging!
Right after the beauty talk, we were all invited to try the L’Oreal Skincare mobile skin analyzer to diagnose the various levels of our skin. It was probably the scariest part of the program because as we all know, truth hurts! Haha!
And as expected, I already have wrinkles. Well, what more if I didn’t start with my anti-aging regimen early?!
The skin analyzer and skin experts suggested the following products from the L’Oreal Revitalift Laser X3 line.
#TimelessBeauty with Revitalift Laser X3
The L’Oreal Revitalift Laser X3, an advanced anti-aging line of the brand, is powered by triple anti-aging benefits to correct lines, restore bounce, and minimize pores – all because of key power ingredients lead by the patented 3% Pro-Xylane, which helps improve skin density, plumpiness, and helps reduce lines.
From Left to Right: Night Cream Mask 50ml (PHP 1,499); Eye Cream 15ml (PHP 995); Triple Action for Total Face Care with Anti-Aging Power 50ml (PHP 1,499); Triple Action for Dramatic Skin Transformation Serum 30ml (PHP 1,499); Triple Action for Instantly Hydrated Skin Power Water 30ml (PHP 499); Day Cream 50ml (PHP 1,499)
With continued daily use of these products, L’Oreal promises firmer and smoother skin, less visible lines, and more even complexion. Amazing that these are now possible considering the products are offered at a competitive price!
Remember, there is no way to stop skin aging, but at least, we could delay the signs to bring us timeless beauty. If you haven’t been doing any of the skin facts I shared above, it’s about time to start!
You too can discover Timeless Beauty on July 29-31, 2016! Visit the biggest beauty sale at the Great L’Oreal Makeover in SM Megamall Fashion Hall GF Activity Area. Enjoy discounts and freebies on your favorite makeup, skincare, and hair color products.
L’Oreal Revitalift Laser X3 is available in all department stores, drugstores and L’oreal Paris counters nationwide.