2016 is a brow year for Benefit as they launched 10 brow products! They practically have the solution for every brow dilemma. To see the complete line, you can check my post about it here: The New Benefit Brow Collection
Today, I’m sharing my thoughts on one of their brow pencils. I used to avoid pencils because I had a hard time creating natural-looking brows then. Probably, it’s also the quality of brow pencils available several years ago. Let’s see how Benefit’s brow pencil could change the game. Here’s my Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil review.
Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil Product Information
Presto…everyone’s an expert with this super easy filling & shaping eyebrow pencil. It features a custom, non-sharpen “goof-proof” tip, soft color and a glide-on formula for easy & fast brow filling. Comes complete with built-in blending spoolie-brush and signature Tips & Tricks!
I love Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil because…
- it’s a dual-ended pen with brow pencil and spoolie.
- there’s no need to sharpen with its twist-up tip.
- tip is angled with flat surface, making it easier and faster to define and shape brows.
- its soft formula makes it easy to glide.
- color payoff is great. This could be a con to some though since a light hand is needed when applying.
- it can quickly fill in brows with just a few strokes.
- it comes in 6 shades. (01-Light; 02-Light; 03-Medium; 04-Medium; 05-Deep; 06-Deep)
- it’s long-lasting. It can withstand hot and humid weather and stays on all day.
- it can be removed by a regular makeup remover.
I wish Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil…
- can easily go in between brow strands for fuller brows. Precision is harder with this type of pencil because of its flat and wider surface.
- is waterproof. It says it’s waterproof, but I’d go for water-resistant instead.
- is cheaper. It’s priced at PHP 1,400 (about USD 30).
Tips on Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil
- Brush brows with spoolie first to see the natural shape of your brows and the areas that need filling.
- Apply pencil with light hand.
- I start by outlining and defining the shape of the brows. Afterwards, I start filling in.
- For areas that need precision or go in between brow strands, I use the pointed tip (if I have no choice). I’d like to keep the shape of the angled tip though, so I try to use a separate pointed pencil instead.
- Brush brows using the spoolie to blend and soften any harsh lines.
- To keep brow strands in place and for longer wear, use a brow mascara on top, such as Benefit Ready Set Brow.
Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil Verdict
The angled pencil tip of Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil definitely makes brow application quicker and easier! It’s perfect for those with uneven or patchy brows. It can cover a large area at once and the angled tip creates the shape for you. I’d say it’s perfect for newbies or if you’re in a hurry as less effort is needed to create natural brows. In fact, it’s my current favorite!
For those wondering what’s its difference from Precisely My Brow Pencil, the fine pencil tip is for more accuracy – if you have shapeless, undefined brows. I also use a fine tip on one small area of my brow where there’s a little gap and the angled tip can’t seem to go in between the strands. But when I’m in a hurry, I can live with just Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil! If you’re a first time user of brow pencil, I highly suggest going for the angled tip! It’s the best thing everrrr!
swatch 04: Medium
Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil 04 Medium on my brows… It’s a little dark on me, which is why I make sure to apply a lighter shade of brow mascara to soften the look.
The Benefit Brow Collection is available in all Benefit boutiques