Yes, you read that right – a BB cushion under Estee Lauder’s iconic Double Wear line! This is totally different from the Estee Lauder Double Wear Makeup To Go I reviewed HERE. The Makeup To Go is basically the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in a compact. This new product, on the other hand, has cushion plus the benefits of a BB cream!
Honestly, I’m very picky when it comes to BB creams. Some make my skin too oily. Others are too sheer. Some feel heavy. And some just don’t work because my skin breaks out! So, I’m putting Estee Lauder’s BB Cushion to the test. Here’s my Estee Lauder Double Wear Cushion BB Review:
Estee Lauder Double Wear Cushion BB Product Information
Lasts all day, no touch-ups needed. From the leader in long wear comes a refillable cushion compact makeup with lasting power. The lightweight, BB fresh, moisture-infused formula is comfortable and so lightweight, it’s easy to build coverage and keep a natural radiant look. The appearance of pores, fine lines and imperfections is minimized. Skin looks smooth, hydrated. Oil-free. Controls oil and shine. Water-resistant. Protects with high level SPF. Included sponge applicator.
I love Estee Lauder Double Wear Cushion BB because…
- the cushion is well-sealed upon purchase.
- it doesn’t feel heavy.
- it has medium to heavy coverage. I don’t need concealer for under eye area and blemishes – unless for very dark spots.
- it evens out skin tone. It leaves skin looking flawless and poreless.
- it has dewy finish. Skin looks radiant instantly.
- it’s long wearing.
- it instantly hydrates the skin.
- it doesn’t cake or settle on dry areas.
- it has SPF 50/PA+++!
- it’s refillable!
I wish Estee Lauder Double Wear Cushion BB…
- doesn’t feel too hydrating for those with oily skin. See tips below.
Tips on Estee Lauder Double Wear Cushion BB
- Don’t forget to clean sponge when you’re using it for the first time. Of course, cleaning of sponge is also a must every now and then. To clean sponge, use mild soap and warm water. Lay flat on a surface to air dry.
- Press sponge applicator into cushion, then pat on the face and smooth out to blend. Repeat to build coverage.
- For dark under eyes and blemishes, apply concealer on top.
- If you like the dewy finish, you can opt to wear it as is or simply dust the t-zone with loose powder. Don’t forget to dust the eye area though to avoid creasing.
- For those with oily skin, I suggest using a good oil control powder.
- I also like using a stippling brush when in a hurry as it gives the perfect flawless coverage in one go!
- Although it feels moisturizing, using your regular skincare underneath, like serum and moisturizer, is still a must!
Estee Lauder Double Wear Cushion BB Verdict
Overall, I really like the performance of Estee Lauder Double Wear Cushion BB! It has an amazing buildable coverage – almost like a liquid foundation. Best of all, skin looks instantly radiant and flawless – minimizes the appearance of fine lines, pores and other imperfections! The only downside for me is that it can feel a bit too moisturizing for my oily skin. BUT when I set it with a GOOD oil control loose powder, it’s perfect! I have to emphasize on the “good” because I tried an ordinary powder and I had to pat on the shine every now and then. For me, it’s a BB cream that I can use even when I attend events, not just an everyday makeup product.
left side facing you bare face; right side facing you with Estee Lauder Double Wear Cushion BB
notice the redness on the left side, while the right side looks more flawless and poreless
with Estee Lauder Double Wear Cushion BB whole face
I didn’t set this with powder that’s why you’ll see a bit of creasing under the eyes.
Estee Lauder Double Wear Cushion BB is priced at PHP 2,400 and is available in the Philippines at Estee Lauder counters in Rustan’s Makati, Rustan’s Shangri-La, Rustan’s Alabang, Rustan’s Gateway, Rustan’s Cebu, SM Aura, SM Mall of Asia and Essenses Rockwell.