The most common makeup question I get is “What is the best concealer in the market?” The search for the right concealer is never ending for most of us. Last year (2016), I was introduced to La Mer’s makeup collection, called SKINCOLOR DE LA MER, which I posted HERE. One of the products in this line is a stick concealer, La Mer The Concealer. Is it your regular stick concealer? Read on my La Mer The Concealer review below.
La Mer The Concealer Product Information
This ultra-creamy concealer, with our potent Miracle Broth, melts into the skin with a veil of weightless coverage, youth-boosting benefits and antioxidants.
Imperfections appear blended away as skin is treated and looks transformed. This treatment-powered concealer hugs contours, for longwearing, buildable coverage. All that emanates is naturally flawless radiance. 5g.
To use, smooth on to blend away imperfections. For a flawless look, use with the Soft Fluid Foundation and set with The Powder.
I love La Mer The Concealer because…
- the stick twist up packaging is perfect for on-the-go.
- it stays on the entire day.
- it doesn’t cake.
- it’s creamy for a stick concealer.
- it has great, buildable coverage. It can cover dark circles, redness, and blemishes.
- the under eye area looks brighter and more awake.
- it doesn’t settle in between lines.
- it’s light-weight and natural looking.
I wish La Mer The Concealer…
- does not have the tendency to look dry on the skin. See tips below how to avoid this.
Tips on La Mer The Concealer
- For those with dry/ very dry skin, it is important to moisturize the under eye area first before applying La Mer The Concealer. BUT keep in mind too that whatever your skin type is, using an eye cream is a must to keep skin hydrated at all times and delay any signs of aging!
- Before applying La Mer The Concealer, make sure that the eye cream has been fully absorbed by the skin for the product not to cake or slide.
- I prefer using my ring finger to apply La Mer The Concealer to help melt the product and blend seamlessly on the skin.
- Set concealer with a loose powder or powder foundation.
- If you’re using a liquid foundation, apply the concealer on top.
La Mer The Concealer Verdict
If you’ve tried a lot of concealers in the market, stick concealers can be a bit drying, especially for the under eye area. The first time I saw La Mer The Concealer at the Skincolor de La Mer launch, I was a bit skeptical if it would work for the under eye area, to be honest. But the moment I swatched it at the back of my hand, I knew there’s something different about this stick concealer. It’s more moisturizing and melts into the skin, giving smooth coverage. Of course, for those with dry skin, it can still be a bit drying – and this goes for most concealers if the under eye area is not hydrated properly with an eye cream.
Over-all, I highly recommend La Mer The Concealer to those who are willing to spend for a concealer that is long lasting and has perfect, seamless and weightless coverage. It’s the best stick concealer I’ve tried to date!
one swipe straight from the stick
The left (facing the screen) under eye area with La Mer The Concealer in Very Light shade versus the right without any product. Notice that the left is brighter and more even.
La Mer The Concealer is available in La Mer counters in the Philippines for PHP 4,200.