Digging the fresh summer glow minus the greasy look? Maybelline got you covered with their Super BB Fresh Matte Cushion and Master Strobing Stick. If you are a cushion makeup or a highlighter fan, then this post is for you! Read on my Maybelline Super BB Fresh Matte Cushion and Master Strobing Stick Review below.
Maybelline Super BB Fresh Matte Cushion Product Information
Maybelline’s 1st BB matte cushion: Mattifying high coverage, yet fresh and hydrating! Packed with 8 benefits to give you the coveted fresh matte poreless perfection look.
I love Maybelline Super BB Fresh Matte Cushion because…
- it evens out skin tone. It has medium coverage that can blur out pores and cover redness and light blemishes.
- it looks like skin – as if I’m not wearing any foundation.
- it has SPF 25 PA+.
- it does not give a white or grey-ish cast — even with flash photography.
- face does not look flat. It sets to demi matte.
I wish Maybelline Super BB Fresh Matte Cushion…
- comes in a more compact packaging. It is my problem with cushion makeup since it is usually bulky.
- has more shades. It only comes in Light and Natural. I have the Natural shade, which is a little dark for my skin tone but can easily be adjusted with a lighter shade of powder. I’m probably a Light. Those with dark skin tone might find Natural (which is supposedly their darkest) a bit too light.
- has better oil control. I have oily skin and I start to get greasy after 2 hours.
- does not have the tendency to crease around my nose and under eye area. See tips below on how to avoid this.
Tips on Maybelline Super BB Fresh Matte Cushion
- For the product to sit well on the skin and for better oil control, use your favorite primer.
- Do not forget to wash the sponge even when using it for the first time.
- Tap the pressing puff down on the cushion.
- Apply with tapping motion to blend product on the face
- Tap-tap multiple times for added natural coverage in desired sections of the face
- For the au naturel look, start tapping from the center of the face to the outer sections of the face
- To conceal, press finger against cushion and dot on pimple scars or imperfections. Make sure you have clean hands though!
- Set with powder to avoid creasing.
- When retouching, use an oil blotting paper first to remove oil before re-applying. This is important so that the BB cream would stick well on the skin.
Maybelline Super BB Fresh Matte Cushion Verdict
If I would compare it with L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation, Maybelline Super BB Fresh Matte Cushion is not as long lasting and as matte as L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation. You can read my full review of it in THIS LINK. But of course, the two are different since one is marketed as BB cream cushion, while the other is a long-wearing foundation.
I recommend Maybelline Super BB Fresh Matte Cushion to those looking for a BB cushion makeup that sets to demi-matte and is reasonably priced (PHP 749). It is for those who like that fresh glow without looking flat or too dewy.
sealed upon purchase
Natural shade (yellow undertone)
Maybelline Master Strobing Stick
I was also given the Maybelline Master Strobing Stick together with the Maybelline Super BB Fresh Matte Cushion to easily get that fresh summer look.
Maybelline Master Strobing Stick is a highlighter, which is conveniently packaged in a twist up stick. Just slide the stick on top of the cheekbones to enhance the cheeks. You can also use it on the bridge of your nose, brow bone and inner corner of the eyes. It has a nice creamy formula that blends easily by just patting the fingers. The Master Strobing Stick comes in a warm champagne shade that allows light to bounce of the skin, as if there is lit from within.
The downside of the Master Strobing Stick is it is not long lasting. It stays on my oily skin for just about 2-3 hours. But since it is packaged conveniently, you can easily retouch anytime, anywhere. Also, I find the highlight too subtle for my taste. It is for those who love the soft glow for everyday use. It is worth it for the price (PHP 399) though.
wearing Maybelline Super BB Fresh Matte Cushion and Master Strobing Stick (no concealer or powder on top)