When it comes to affordable lipsticks, Maybelline has always been one of the top choices of beauty enthusiasts. Today, I’m sharing my thorough review of Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink. Is it worth the hype? Read on.
Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink Product Information
Intensely perfect, perfectly intense. Ink your lips in up to 16 HR saturated liquid matte.
Pros: Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink
- It is really long-lasting. I don’t need to retouch even after eating or drinking.
- It has intense pigmentation. I get the exact color on the tube in one swipe!
- It is smudge-proof and no feathering or bleeding.
- No lip color transfers on cups or glasses.
- It does not flake even when worn the entire day.
- Lips do not feel tight or dry.
- The Super Stay Matte Ink City edition shades are all very nice and wearable—perfect for those who like nudes, browns and reds.
- It has a unique arrow applicator, making it easy to define the lips and reach the edges.
- It dries matte with semi-powdery finish.
- It is only PHP 299/ tube.
Cons: Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink
- It is a little sticky upon application and takes a while to dry. BUT once it dries, it does not budge.
- It has sweet vanilla scent, which I do not really mind but it can be a downside to those who are sensitive to fragrance since it’s quite strong.
- Removing the lip color can be challenging, but a good waterproof makeup remover should do the trick.
Tips on Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink
- If you have dry lips, any lip color would look better when you exfoliate and moisturize first.
- Before applying Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink, dab a facial tissue on your lips to remove any excess balm.
- Start the application on the center of your upper lip and follow the contours of your mouth. Then, glide the liquid lipstick across the entire bottom lip.
- When removing the lipstick, massage any waterproof makeup remover across your lips. I personally prefer using oil-based makeup remover to easily separate the pigment on my lips.
Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink Verdict
The hype is real! It is long-lasting- no need to retouch the entire day. Honestly, I thought it would flake and feel dry on the lips after a few hours of wear. I was really surprised by its longevity and comfort. Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink can be a little sticky upon application, but once it dries, it becomes comfortable on the lips and won’t budge throughout the day. I have to say, it is now my favorite lipstick line of Maybelline.
Best of all, it now comes in 14 New York City-inspired shades of deep reds, burnt siennas, terracotta hues, and earthy nudes that will definitely suit Filipina skin tones. I find the Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink City Edition more wearable and flattering compared to the first release of shades.
I recommend Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink to those looking for an affordable liquid matte lipstick that is easy to apply and is super long-lasting. It is perfect for those who are always on-the-go and do not have the time to retouch.
Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink in Artist
Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink in Seeker
Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink in Self-Starter
Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink City Edition is available in Maybelline counters nationwide.