I’ve been really happy with my Aveda Invati System experience. If you haven’t read my review why I’m so satisfied with this line, you can check this link: https://lushangel.com/2019/03/19/solution-for-hair-loss-aveda-invati-advanced-system-review-actual-results/ Recently, I tried the new Aveda Cherry Almond line. When I learned that the line can smoothen and soften hair, I did not hesitate to use it right away. Here is my full review of Aveda Cherry Almond Shampoo and Conditioner.
Aveda Cherry Almond Shampoo and Conditioner Product Information
The Cherry Almond aroma has been around since the early days of Aveda. Back in the day, it was called Cherry Almond Bark and was a deep conditioning treatment. It was discontinued in the mid-2000s, but fans were always asking us to bring it back.
While the formula is different, the signature Cherry Almond aroma is still there.
Cherry Almond is color safe. It’s 98% naturally-derived (from plants, non-petroleum minerals or water), Cherry Almond’s ingredients include babassu and coconut-derived cleansers, plus a blend of cherry blossom and sweet almond oil to help restore softness and shine. Gluten free. Vegan. Silicone free.
Pros: Aveda Cherry Almond Shampoo and Conditioner
- It has a nice sweet cherry almond scent– not super floral, if you’re wondering. The scent is not too harsh either and does not linger when hair is dry.
- Both the shampoo and the conditioner leave my hair shiny and with enough volume– they do not weigh down my hair.
- Gluten free. Vegan. Silicone free.
- Perfect for normal to dry hair
- 98% naturally-derived (from plants, non-petroleum minerals or water)
- color-safe, does not fade hair color
- The shampoo leaves my scalp and hair feeling clean. Plus, it does not dry my hair and scalp.
- The conditioner really softens hair. I rarely have tangles when I use it.
- Both shampoo and conditioner do not aggravate my hair fall and do not make my scalp greasy even if I haven’t washed my hair the next day!
Cons: Aveda Cherry Almond Shampoo and Conditioner
- If you prefer unscented hair products, obviously, Aveda Cherry Almond is not for you. But, as I said earlier, the floral scent is not too strong and does not linger on dry hair.
- It’s not sulfate-free– but honestly, I don’t mind. I actually prefer the foaming lather, which can be produced with sulfate. If you get allergic reactions or irritations with sulfates though, this might be a deal breaker.
Tips on Aveda Cherry Almond Shampoo and Conditioner
- Massage shampoo onto wet hair. I like focusing it on my scalp and leave it for a minute before rinsing.
- Then, I squeeze excess water on my hair and apply conditioner mid-length down to the tips. I leave it for another minute, then rinse.
Aveda Cherry Almond Shampoo and Conditioner Verdict
I have two main hair problems: hair fall and dry and damaged hair. After using Aveda Cherry Almond Shampoo and Aveda Cherry Almond Conditioner for over a month, I can say that they did not worsen my hair fall. This was my fear at first. I usually get so much hair fall when I use products that soften the hair. For some reason, my hair becomes more brittle. I’m glad Aveda Cherry Almond Shampoo and Aveda Cherry Almond Conditioner worked for me. They softened my dry and damaged hair. I had less tangles and my hair became more manageable without weighing it down.
I recommend Aveda Cherry Almond Shampoo and Aveda Cherry Almond Conditioner to those looking for silicone-free products that can leave hair soft and healthy-looking, without the greasiness the entire day.
If you’re not yet sure in investing on full-sized bottles, Aveda Cherry Almond is also available in travel sizes.