I’m always on the go. In fact, I rarely apply my makeup before leaving the house. I love doing it inside the car, which is why I appreciate travel-friendly products. When it comes to eyeliner, gel liner has always been my favorite. I just have a hard time toting it around since it usually comes in pots/ jars. I still need to bring a separate eyeliner brush for application, which isn’t so convenient. Well, my wish has just been granted when Benefit launched a gel-liner in a pen! Woot! Is it as creamy and as effective as gel liners in pots? Read on my Benefit They’re Real Push-Up Liner Review.
Benefit They’re Real Push-Up Liner Product Information
It’s the FIRST EVER lash-hugging gel liner in a pen! This matte black gel formula won’t smudge, budge or dry out, and the innovative soft AccuFlex™ Tip hugs your lashline from corner to corner. The closer the line, the bigger the eye!
I love Benefit They’re Real Push-Up Liner because…
- it’s perfect for travel. Since this comes in a pen-type packaging, it’s great for those who are on the go.
- product doesn’t easily dry out, unlike gel liner in pots. Since the gel is inside the pen, it’s not exposed to air every time you use it.
- the unique AccuFlex tip allows me to apply eyeliner close to the lashline.
- the soft angled rubber tip makes it easier to create cat/winged eyes. It’s very flexible that it moves with you as you draw a line.
- it’s very pigmented. A little goes a long way. I get a solid matte black line in just one application.
- it’s waterproof.
- the gel liner has soft and smooth consistency. No tugging.
- I didn’t experience any irritations or allergic reactions.
- it’s very easy to use! I honestly think this is by far the easiest way to apply an eyeliner!
- it’s decently priced at PHP 1,200 (about USD 27). I find it worth it considering its uniqueness and quality.
I wish Benefit They’re Real Push-Up Liner…
- has other shades. Currently, it only comes in black.
- doesn’t smudge or transfer to my crease. I have super oily lids. See tips below on how to prevent this from happening.
- isn’t intimidating to use. Because of its uniqueness, I was quite afraid to use it at first. I didn’t know what to expect. I wasn’t sure of the proper way to hold the pen. But on my second use, I realized it’s actually the easiest way to apply eyeliner. I can draw the line and curves perfectly in seconds because of the soft angled tip and creamy product.
Tips on Benefit They’re Real Push-Up Liner
- Twist one end of the pen until gel appears on its tip. If you’re using the pen for the first time, expect to twist several times- more than 10 times! Once you’ve used it, you’ll only need to twist two to three times before a small amount of product comes out. Remember, once you see a tiny amount, you can already use it to line your eyes.
- After using, wipe off excess product.
- Before each use, wipe off leftover gel to get fresh liner every time.
- Use an eye primer before applying Benefit They’re Real Push-Up Liner. This will prevent the gel liner from smudging or transferring.
- Rest the tip on the base of your lashes and guide along your lashline from either the inner or outer corner. The angled AccuFlex™ tip works both ways.
- For your lower lashline, you can use the excess gel on the tip after lining the upper lashline for a softer look.
- Do not overthink. As I mentioned, it can be intimidating to use because we’re not used to a gel liner in a pen. After the first try and maybe a few more practices, I promise, you’ll get the hang of it and realize it’s actually the easiest way to apply eyeliner.
Benefit They’re Real Push-Up Liner Verdict
I’ve read some reviews that they’re having a hard time using Benefit They’re Real Push-Up Liner. In my experience, it’s the other way around. I even wished Benefit already had this product the first time I experimented on gel liners. Now, my eyeliner application is cut into half! I also feel that eyeliner newbies will find eyeliner application very easy with this product. With the soft and creamy formula and unique flexible tip, it’s not hard to draw lines and curves.
The only downside for me is that it transfers to my crease after several hours. Take note that I have really oily lids. But I do not experience this problem anymore since I make sure to prime my eyes first before using the liner.
In just one swipe of the pen, I get solid jet black pigment. I can also get close to my lashline without exerting too much effort!
Creating a wing is now easy because of its angled tip.