Not everyone loves cream eye shadows. The most common concern is that they’re harder to use than powder. I used to think that way. When I started studying makeup, I hated it when my teacher would want us to use cream eye shadows. I find them harder to blend and they have the tendency to be patchy and clumpy. I stopped using them for a time until I was slowly introduced to other brands of cream shadows. I then realized that not all cream shadows are a disaster. LOL! If you’ve seen my past reviews, I’ve been liking them actually. Here’s another cream shadow from a well known brand, Shiseido. Read on my review of Shiseido Cream Eye Shadow.
Shiseido Cream Eye Shadow Product Information
A lightweight cream eye shadow with a radiant, lustrous finish that maintains a just-applied fresh look for 16 hours without smudging or creasing. Applies easily with your fingertip for a smooth, even finish. Hydrates skin with Super Hydro-Wrap Vitalizing DE.
I love Shiseido Cream Eye Shadow because…
- it has a pretty packaging- signature camellia shaped cap.
- it can be used alone or as a base.
- it has light creamy texture.
- it can be blended easily, even with fingers.
- it glides smoothly on the lids. No tugging.
- it gives a nice wash of shimmer on the lids if used alone. Light shades brighten up the eyes in an instant.
- it’s shimmery- but not the super glittery kind.
- it’s easy to use, even if you’re not a pro.
- it doesn’t get streaky or patchy when applied.
- it can easily be layered without uneveness.
- it’s pigmented.
I wish Shiseido Cream Eye Shadow…
- comes in more colors and matte shades.
- doesn’t crease or fade on oily lids. It’s good enough for about 6 hours on me, but it won’t last from day to night.
- is cheaper. It’s PHP 1,150 (about USD 27) for a 6g pot.
Application tips on Shiseido Cream Eye Shadow
- Apply powder eye shadow on top for a more intense color.
- If you just want a wash of color, apply as is.
- You can use your ring finger to apply or an eyeshadow brush.
- Make sure to blend the edges well.
- If you have super oily lids, applying powder on top of this cream can lessen the creasing and fading.
- Store in a cool place.
Shiseido Cream Eye Shadow Verdict
If you are a first timer in cream eye shadows, Shiseido Cream Eye Shadow is a good start. I find it very easy to blend and its light creamy texture is easy to work with. If I’m on a rush and I just want an instant eye brightener, I just apply this cream shadow all over my lid, line my eyes, curl my lashes and quickly brush some mascara. I have oily lids though so it creases a bit when I have it on the whole day.
I recommend Shiseido Shimmer Cream Eyeshadow to those who are willing to spend for a pot of shimmery cream eye shadow. It’s also perfect for first time or non-pro users of cream eye shadows.
Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color in WT901 MIST
swatch of WT901 Mist
left: powder eyeshadow alone; right: with Shiseido Cream Eye Shadow in Mist underneath
Notice that the orange eye shadow powder on the right has a more intense colour.
Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Mist on the lids