If there’s one beauty secret or must-do that I need to share, it would be: Never ever sleep with makeup on. I believe I reiterated its importance in several blog posts. You put so much time and effort to apply makeup. You should also give the same time and effort to remove it. I truly understand how hard it is to take off makeup when you’re very tired. And I know, it even takes more time to remove waterproof and long-wearing eye makeup and lipstick. Although it comes off after a while, you have to remember that the skin around the eyes is thinner and more sensitive. Too much wiping and rubbing can cause wrinkles. This is why there are makeup removers specially formulated for the eyes and lips. Here’s my review of Shiseido Eye and Lip Makeup Remover.
Shiseido Eye and Lip Makeup Remover Product Information
A gentle dual-phase makeup remover that immediately dissolves waterproof and long-wearing eye makeup and lipstick.
Formulated with Xylitol to retain essential moisture in the delicate eye and lip areas.
I love Shiseido Eye and Lip Makeup Remover because…
- it’s very gentle. No sting at all.
- it’s in a transparent bottle. It’s easy to know when I’m running out of product.
- it has small opening. Wastage can be avoided.
- it didn’t cause me irritations, allergic reactions or breakouts.
- it doesn’t dry out my eye area.
- it doesn’t tug my skin while removing my eye makeup.
- it can remove even the most stubborn waterproof and long-wearing mascara or eyeliner. No panda eyes!
I wish Shiseido Eye and Lip Makeup Remover…
- is unscented. Although the scent is very mild and is not really bothersome, some people prefer unscented products especially when applied on the sensitive eye area.
- it’s cheaper. 125ml is priced at PHP 2,150 (about USD 50).
- comes in smaller size for travel.
Tips on Shiseido Eye and Lip Makeup Remover
- Shake well before use since the oil mixture sits on top of the watery solution.
- Lightly dampen a cotton pad. Hold it on your lid for about 5 to 10 seconds before completely wiping it off.
- Note that it won’t completely remove waterproof and long-wear mascara or eye liner in one wipe.
Shiseido Eye and Lip Makeup Remover Verdict
My skin around the eye area can be quite sensitive that’s why I’m very careful in choosing my skincare for the eyes. The first time I used Shiseido Eye and Lip Makeup Remover, I was so happy that I didn’t feel any tingling sensation. I find it really mild, but at the same time, it works in removing heavy duty eye makeup or lipstick. I don’t have to keep on rubbing the cotton pad. I just let the cotton stay on my lid or lips for about 5 to 10 seconds and gently wipe it off. A few more wipes and they’re all gone. There’s no need to put pressure when wiping. They just come off quickly. But because it’s quite pricey at PHP 2,150, I try to save it by just using it whenever I use waterproof or long-wearing mascara or liner. Hehe!
I recommend Shiseido Eye and Lip Makeup Remover to those who are willing to spend for a makeup remover. It really is an excellent product. It doesn’t dry out the eye area, which is very important, and it does its job in removing the most stubborn eye or lip makeup. The only holdback would be its price.