As seen in my Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++ Review, no doubt how much I love it to bits! 😀 This is why when Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free became available, I knew I had to try it! Is it really oil free? I know this would be the popular question of those with oily skin. Read on my review and know how it is compared to my most loved BB Cream. 🙂
Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free Product Information
Created for women with oily skin who want light moisture, sheer coverage and sun protection in one, Bobbi’s new gel-based formula is the perfect alternative to foundation. Light and refreshing, it glides on smoothly, blends easily and provides a hint of coverage for soft, even and natural-looking skin. Vitamins C and E protect skin from free radical damage, while Broad Spectrum SPF 15 helps prevent sun damage.
I love Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free because…
- it’s hydrating yet not greasy at all. There’s no trace of greasiness at all once applied. It’s perfect for oily skin.
- it’s tinted. It can be used alone if you only need sheer coverage. It can somehow even out skin tone, as seen in my photos below. The sheer coverage can be a con to others.
- its gel-based formula is really lightweight- as if I have nothing on.
- it has soft matte finish.
- it looks very natural.
- it comes in various shades. In the Philippines, it’s available in Medium, Light, and Light to Medium.
- a little goes a long way.
- it blends evenly on skin.
- it’s fragrance-free.
- it didn’t cause me any allergic reactions, irritations or breakouts.
- it’s packed with powerful ingredients: Vitamins C and E to help protect skin against free radical damage, Sodium Hyaluronate to instantly hydrate skin, collagen boosting peptides to help strengthen and firm skin, and Aloe, Sucrose and Caffeine to help calm and soothe skin.
I wish Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free…
- has higher SPF. It has broad spectrum SPF 15.
- is cheaper. A 50ml tube is priced at PHP 2,350.
Tips on Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free
- Visit Bobbi Brown counter to swatch the exact shade for you.
- I prefer using a sunblock underneath since I find the SPF quite low.
- Apply the tinted moisturizer with finger tips or foundation brush.
- If you have extremely oily skin, set the tinted moisturizer with powder to help control oiliness.
- If you need a little more coverage, apply concealer on top and set with powder.
- For those with dry skin, use the regular variant of Bobbi Brown’s Tinted Moisturizer.
- For those who prefer more coverage, try Bobbi Brown BB Cream.
Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free Verdict
I never really thought that there would be a tinted moisturizer that can work for my oily skin. Thankfully I thought of trying out the oil free variant of Bobbi Brown’s tinted moisturizer. There’s no trace of greasiness the moment I apply it on my skin. Since I’m naturally oily, my oilies start to show up by midday. I just use blotting paper to look fresh again. It’s lightweight that it doesn’t feel I have anything on. I don’t have much skin problems so I don’t mind that it has sheer coverage. In fact, I now love using it for everyday to let my skin breathe. I just put on a cream blush on top, glide on some lippie and I’m ready to go. Of course for days when I feel the need for coverage, I just apply concealer and powder on top.
I recommend Bobbi Brown SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free to those with normal to oily skin. As for its sheer coverage, it may be a con to some but tinted moisturizers are not really meant to have coverage. For those who prefer medium coverage, Bobbi Brown BB Cream is a better option. Bobbi Brown SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer is nice to use as is if you don’t have much skin problems, at the same time, it’s also a great makeup base.
Left: bare face; Right: with Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free
Notice the slight difference under the eyes and the redness around my nose.
Bobbi Brown Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer applied all over the face.
P.S. Do you want to learn how to apply makeup the Bobbi Brown way? Join Bobbi Brown x LushAngel.com makeup workshop. Check out THIS POST how to get a free slot.
Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free is available in the Philippines at Bobbi Brown counters in Rustan’s Makati (812-2507), Rustan’s Shangri-la Mall (633-4636 loc. 114), Essenses Rockwell (822-9400), Rustan’s Ayala Center Cebu (+6332 231 5633) and Mall of Asia.