Benefit The POREfessional Primer will not be a cult-favorite for no reason. It has been known to effectively minimize the look of pores and control oil. Recently, Benefit Cosmetics launched a new version of this primer — The POREfessional Pearl Primer. Is it as good? Which primer is for you? Here is my Benefit The POREfessional Pearl Primer review.
Benefit The POREfessional Pearl Primer Product Information
The power of The POREfessional…PLUS brightening! This soft-radiance face primer instantly minimizes the look of pores, locks on makeup and helps skin look bright, boosted and awake. It’s the same oil-free, lightweight, silky smooth texture as the original The POREfessional: Pore Primer PLUS a hint of soft pearly pink. Pores and dullness don’t stand a chance!
Pros: Benefit The POREfessional Pearl Primer
- It has silky texture that leaves skin smooth and velvety to touch. It helps foundation glide easily.
- It can control oil.
- It can minimize the look of pores and fine lines.
- The soft pink pigment brightens the skin minus the obvious shimmers or sparkles. There are shimmers but they are so tiny that they are almost invisble to the naked eye.
- It helps makeup last the entire day.
Cons: Benefit The POREfessional Pearl Primer
- It is made of silicone. Dimethicone is the main ingredient and this can be a con for those who breakout or are allergic to silicone.
Tips on Benefit The POREfessional Pearl Primer
- Apply The POREfessional Pearl Primer all over the face after your skin care routine.
- Wear it alone or as makeup base to lock your lit-from-within look.
- You can also use it to retouch. If pores or dullness reappear during the day, pat the lightweight formula delicately over makeup.
Benefit The POREfessional Pearl Primer Verdict
Benefit The POREfessional Pearl Primer is actually similar to the original The POREfessional Primer. It does a great job in blurring out pores and fine lines, in contorlling oil, and most especially, in making skin look bright and radiant.
I highly recommend The POREfessional Pearl Primer to those looking for a silicone-based brightening primer that can be used alone, as a makeup base, or as a retouching product. If your main concerns are your pores and oily skin, I would suggest the original The POREfessional Primer. On the otherhand, if you have drier skin and if you want it brighter or radiant, go for the new The POREfessional Pearl Primer.
soft pink pigment to brighten the skin
no visible shimmer but skin became obviously brighter (quite hard to capture on camera)
Benefit The POREfessional Pearl Primer is priced at Php1,900 for full size and Php800 for Mini.