As promised in my Tom Ford Traceless Touch Foundation Cushion Compact review, I’ll be doing a separate review of the Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation SPF 15. No doubt, I love Tom Ford’s cushion compact. Who wouldn’t fall in love with that finish?! (See actual photos in my review in THIS LINK) On long days though, I want the same finish, yet could survive humidity and my oiliness on my t-zone. This is the promise of Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation SPF 15. Read on my full review below.
Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation SPF 15 Product Information
This natural-finish, longwearing, humidity-resistant foundation moisturizes and evens skin tone creating a flawless, supple and pore-less canvas on which to sculp the features. Its state-of-the-art formulation includes the skin-nourishing Tom Ford infusing complex to smooth, renew skin and help diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Buildable, medium-to-full coverage. SPF broad spectrum sun protetion shields skin from UVA/UVB damage.
Pros: Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation SPF 15
- Even if the bottle is made of plastic, I really like how light it is. The twist pump packaging makes it even perfect for travel– no spillage!
- It has buildable coverage—from light to heavy. I can skip concealer.
- It gives a natural, flawless finish. It doesn’t look like a mask even if you build on the coverage. It is still like skin but better.
- It has a semi-matte finish, which looks radiant but not dewy.
- It’s good for all skin types. See tips below how to set this depending on your skin type.
- It is long-wearing. It lasts on my face the entire day. It does not cake or get patchy.
- It has SPF. Although minimal, it’s still welcome. It doesn’t have white cast in photos too.
- It doesn’t oxidize on my skin.
- I did not experience any allergic reactions, irritations, or breakouts.
Cons: Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation SPF 15
- It dries pretty fast so you’ll need to work by part and blend quickly.
- The shades can be tricky. I suggest trying them in counters even if you already own other Tom Ford foundations. My shade is 5.5 Bisque, while 4.0 Fawn for Tom Ford Traceless Touch Foundation Cushion Compact.
Tips on Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation SPF 15
- Always start with skin prep before applying makeup. Cleanse-Tone-Moisturize is the most basic. Moisturized skin helps in achieving flawless base.
- Since the foundation only has SPF 15, I make sure to apply sunscreen before makeup.
- Personally, I skip primer since the foundation already glides beautifully on skin. But you can still use one if you prefer—a moiturizing primer if you have dry skin or an oil-control primer if you have oily skin.
- Because it dries pretty fast, I apply few dots on one side of the face first, starting from the center of the face, blending outwards. Then, do the same on the other side.
- I like using my fingers or a densed brush to spread the foundation and finish it with a beauty blender sponge by patting it to remove any streaks.
- Use a translucent powder to set the foundation. If you have oily skin, you can use a matte powder. If your skin is on the dry side, go for a radiant loose powder.
Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation SPF 15 Verdict
I highly recommend Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation SPF 15 to those who are looking for a long-lasting foundation that looks like flawless natural skin when applied. It is on the more expensive side, but to be honest, makeup base or foundation is one of the most important makeup products that should be invested on. Flawless skin is everything. No matter how beautiful your eye makeup or lipstick is, the base creates a huge impact. And yes, for me, Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation SPF 15 is worth every cent. It is simply beautiful.
left side: with Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation SPF 15 foundation only (no concealer); right side: bare faced (notice the redness, blemishes and roughness)
full face with Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation SPF 15 only (no concealer or powder)
Notice how even my skin is– the redness, blemishes and other imperfections disappeared. It doesn’t look heavy or cakey too.
full face with translucent powder, blush and lipstick
Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation SPF 15 is available at Tom Ford Beauty counters in Adora, Greenbelt 5 and Rustan’s Makati.